Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Great design but... may be you should go to the 08 summit before you get the tattoo. I believe in the power of a real tatau. If you want a Japanese dragon, GO TO JAPAN. If you want tribal go to find a real tribal artist. So may be you go to the summit and while you are there or on you way home, you get the tattoo. I can recommend a great parlor in Durango, CO. It is 1.5 hours south from Ouray and is a great drive with plenty of off roading options along the way.

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Great design but... may be you should go to the 08 summit before you get the tattoo. I believe in the power of a real tatau. If you want a Japanese dragon, GO TO JAPAN. If you want tribal go to find a real tribal artist. So may be you go to the summit and while you are there or on you way home, you get the tattoo. I can recommend a great parlor in Durango, CO. It is 1.5 hours south from Ouray and is a great drive with plenty of off roading options along the way.
Good point.

·
Premium Member
9,043 Posts
I still have lemonade in my truck! Terry, how long is that stuff good for?
As long as it's stayed cold, It should be good thru this coming weekend.

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Great design:

1) Let's use it to make a temp tattoo's - already found good price. Can we get permission to use the design?

2) That would be a great Raffle prize. A "Summit 2008" tattoo. Does Ouray even have a tattoo shop?

3) Montana: Ya, you better wait! I've got a buddy who after years in the Army became a tattoo artist (he is a great artist, tattoo or not), after 11 years of that he became a Denver cop. Him and his wife are covered head to toe (he has to wear long sleeve shirts even in summer at work), but his three kids, now grown, were allowed to get one tattoo when they turned 16. No larger than 2 sq in. (1.4"x1.4", not 2"x2"). Then one more when they turned 18. Then as much as they wanted if they moved out of the house!! lol. I'm too stupid to get one. I'd wake up the next morning or next week and look at it and go... "what was I thinking..." lol

But I did find a site for temp tattoo's. 1.5x1.5", 1000 of them for $75, small enough we could walk around Ouray with them on our forehead, or arm... or where ever Kat would put hers...

·
Premium Member
2,793 Posts
I'm kind of with you. I have 12-14 hours on the chair, and it was all custom work with not even a outline put on my back. I like custom work, and if I was ever going to go tribal, I'd want it done with their manual (bamboo?) needles.

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
1) Let's use it to make a temp tattoo's - already found good price. Can we get permission to use the design?

small enough we could walk around Ouray with them on our forehead, or arm... or where ever Kat would put hers...
I'm in for the temp tattoo!!!!

Uh, what does that mean?? :D I would put it on my arm...........well, one of them anyway....................

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm kind of with you. I have 12-14 hours on the chair, and it was all custom work with not even a outline put on my back. I like custom work, and if I was ever going to go tribal, I'd want it done with their manual (bamboo?) needles.
Custom work is the only way to go. I even prefer free hand so it matches your body perfectly. I am working on 60++ hours of all original polynesian tribal. Traditionally they use bone or sharks teeth. But that varies depending on the part of the world they are from. All of my motif or symbols and patterns all have meaning and relate to my life and my relationship with my friend the artist. The power of the tatau is put in with the ink and it is the wearer that draws on the power in their lives. I personally view tattoos as something more than a 'spot' for a fashion statement.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts