Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Terrential down pour the other day in s. Florida. Went to hop into the Fj.. Pulled out the seat belt and noticed the belt inside the door was wet! Soaking wet.
Pretty sure its just a seal.. I'm not sure which one to get though.

Stock roof rack, no holes drilled in roof. And from what i can tell this seems to be a common problem on these.

Anyone have/had this issue and what was your fix?

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,204 Posts
There is a TSB for the roof leak don't know the number but look it up and call the dealer for free rectification.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I gave them my vin the other day but not dice. Ill see if I can find out the TSB number and have them do it

·
Registered
1,781 Posts

Stock roof rack, no holes drilled in roof. And from what i can tell this seems to be a common problem on these........
I've been around this forum since 2009. I may have missed some stuff, but it's not my perception that its a common problem on the FJ. The OEM bolts and gaskets seem to seal quite well. Do you know if the rack was installed by the dealer? Was it installed by previous owner? Might just take a look and see if it was done properly.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've been around this forum since 2009. I may have missed some stuff, but it's not my perception that its a common problem on the FJ. The OEM bolts and gaskets seem to seal quite well. Do you know if the rack was installed by the dealer? Was it installed by previous owner? Might just take a look and see if it was done properly.
I dont think its the roof rack. Thinking a body seal or door seal on the left side (driver)

·
Premium Member
2,204 Posts
09/25/07 Other NHTSA ID: 10022733
TSB ID: 00707

Access door water leak.

Found it!!

·
Premium Member
2,204 Posts
Glad to help. My Neighbor had this fixed by the dealer a few years ago & I knew there was one out there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts