321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I am looking for a suspension lift that is only about 1 - 1.5 "

I dont want spacers.

Anyone know of a kit ?

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
The Iron Man lift is 2'', available from: Camel 4x4 and Outdoor for 4x4 Parts and Accessories

The Old Man Emu is 2.5''...

If you don't want to spacers, you might looking for an adjustable coilover, which should let you get what you want, although pricey.

Why do you not want spacers? I ran a spacer lift for almost 2 years, performed very well on and offroad. I eventually swapped out to the OME kit because the factory shocks were wearing out...

·
Wanderlust
4,154 Posts
Hey I am looking for a suspension lift that is only about 1 - 1.5 "

I dont want spacers.

Anyone know of a kit ?
I recommend King's suspension kit for the lift you're looking for. The King rear shocks are designed to work with the factory rear springs (and aftermarket rear springs up to 2" taller). The front King coilovers can be adjusted for 1.0 to 2.5" lift (or to level out the front with a heavier aftermarket front bumper). You can also order these with the optional compression-only adjusters on the remote reservoirs to soften the ride on the street and stiffen up for off road. King suspension is not inexpensive. but no quality parts are.

King Shocks Direct bolt-on performance shock kits for Toyota trucks and SUV’s from King Shocks King Off-Road OEM Bolt-On Shocks : kingshocks.com

Downsouth Motorsports is having a sale on these.

King Performance Kit for 2007 -2009 Toyota FJ Cruiser 2wd & 4wd

·
Registered
208 Posts
You can achieve this lift with bilstein 5100 adjustable shocks using a the stock springs. Lots of info on these shocks in this forum.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I went for the same thing. You can do OME 883s in the front and OME 895e's in the back with Bilstein 5100's (I currently have this setup). The 895e's will give you 1.5" in the back and the 5100 will work with them. With the adjustable 5100 in the front, on the second notch with 883s the front will be ~1" down compared to the back(closer to level than the factory rake).
If you want a level 1.5" lift, use 884s in front with no top plate. They work with the 5100s on the stock setting.
I am getting a set of 884s today to give a level 1.5" lift.:cheers:

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
I would go with adjustible coil overs if you can afford to...If not I would purchase OME mediums and this will raise your suspension up 2"... Anything higher would require a full suspension drop lift in order to keep the geometry of the drive shafts and IFS CV's in a safe mode...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts