Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I decided to go the Bristol Motor Speedway Street Fights the other night. I got a wild hair and decided I would run the FJ. So I got er teched then got in the staging lanes. About 45 minutes later I was next to go down the 1/4 mile. These are the results (mind you I have a CAI and Cat Back and thats all the performance mods I have, and I also have 285/70's and a 3" lift lol):

Reaction Time: .354
60 foot time: 2.429 sec
330 foot time: 6.936 sec
1/8 mile time: 10.700 sec
mph @ 1/8 mile: 65.41
1000 foot time: 13.991
1/4 mile time: 16.811
mph @ 1/4 mile: 79.77

All in all i was very impressed with the run. I used to take my Z28 Camaro all the time and it ran a 14 sec 1/4 mile. So, I decided to run again. Results:

Reaction time: .210 (considerably better)
60 foot time: 2.434 sec
330 foot time: 6.981 sec
1/8 mile time: 10.758 sec
mph @ 1/8: 65.32
1000 foot time: 14.062
1/4 mile time: 16.898
mph @ 1/4 mile: 79.21

Not quiet as good as the first pass but it was pretty consistent. :rocker:

·
Premium Member
6,865 Posts
interesting.

I was thinking we would be in the mid 15's But you also have big heavy bumpers front and rear. I wonder were the mt6 would be?

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
interesting.

I was thinking we would be in the mid 15's But you also have big heavy bumpers front and rear. I wonder were the mt6 would be?
I would think it would be about the same but depending on shift points and plus the All time 4WD would help with traction off the line... So maybe a little better but not a whole lot.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Damn i thought we'd be better than that..

Stock must be high-mid 15's.
But you gotta think..... we are right at 6,000 lbs. and with a V6 and big tires and what not..... anything under a 18 sec pass is doing pretty dang good. I was actually expecting it to be slower.

·
Registered
8,128 Posts
But you gotta think..... we are right at 6,000 lbs. and with a V6 and big tires and what not..... anything under a 18 sec pass is doing pretty dang good. I was actually expecting it to be slower.
Stock, we are 4,6xx or 4,8xx lbs.

I think if i threw on the stock wheel's/tires i could do a mid 15 with the CAI and only 2 cats. :rocker:

·
Banned
3,591 Posts
disconnect the traction control and run it again.....small two wire plug on the master cylider.....I bet it does much better....

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
disconnect the traction control and run it again.....small two wire plug on the master cylider.....I bet it does much better....
Did that. Thats how i managed the smokey burn out LOL

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Stock, we are 4,6xx or 4,8xx lbs.

I think if i threw on the stock wheel's/tires i could do a mid 15 with the CAI and only 2 cats. :rocker:
Gross vehicle weight was what I was running: Full tank of gas, Two occupants, full fluid levels, etc.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
A short shifter should bring that time to at least the mid or even the low 16s!:rocker:

·
Premium Member
6,865 Posts
A short shifter should bring that time to at least the mid or even the low 16s!:rocker:
Hes an auto so i don't think that would help him at all, you and me on the other hand it should help. :D

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
6000 lbs???

Is the 4300 lbs weight including full tank of gas? How do you have 1100 lbs of gear in your FJ (assuming max of 400 for two people)

·
Registered
187 Posts
I think the motor in the fj is very impressive. I race around town all the time. I dont even have a CAI or Exhaust yet, I cant imagine when I get those put on. Vaaroom

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
"Run what ya brung" nights are crazy fun. They let you go with a passenger?

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
makes about as much sense as running a Fatboy on the MotoGP circuit.

But it's all about fun. Sounds like you had it, so that's cool.

·
Premium Member
6,532 Posts
The 285's and the 3" lift aren't helping anything for sure. It would be interesting to see the difference with just swapping out the tires to stockers if that were possible.

The 4290 net weight does not include fluids, passengers, cargo, or mods.

DEWFPO

·
Registered
8,128 Posts
Im impressed by the times. I think you could def. get it under 16 with a few tweaks. Anyone wiht a supercharger wanna take it to the tracks?
I would imagine that if Air2Air had stock sized tires, he could put up a high 13. The thing absolutely flies with all that weight at the wheels. His supercharger is putting up some insane numbers.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts