Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
Curb weight on our FJ's is 4295 for the auto & 4290 for the 6spd. I believe curb weight is with 1/2 tank of fuel and all other fluids included. Our gross vehicle weight is 5567 lbs which is the max weight that the FJ should be when loaded. So I think you are mistaken with your estimate of your GVW of 6000lbs.

:cheers:

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Curb weight on our FJ's is 4295 for the auto & 4290 for the 6spd. I believe curb weight is with 1/2 tank of fuel and all other fluids included. Our gross vehicle weight is 5567 lbs which is the max weight that the FJ should be when loaded. So I think you are mistaken with your estimate of your GVW of 6000lbs.

:cheers:
Yes exactly... SHOULD be. And like I said "its right at 6000 lbs" If you ask me I would say that 5567 is "right at" 6000 lbs. plus some of the Mods i have and random junk in the cargo area.

·
Banned
2,364 Posts
Very cool! I would like to run my 6MT on a track sometime - The front/rear differential gear ratio is 3.727:1 (for auto tranny) and 3.909:1 (for 6 MT). What was the octane of fuel that you were running with?

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Very cool! I would like to run my 6MT on a track sometime - The front/rear differential gear ratio is 3.727:1 (for auto tranny) and 3.909:1 (for 6 MT). What was the octane of fuel that you were running with?
87 octane fuel, normally I run 93 but at $4.19 per gallon I filled up with the cheap stuff.

·
Registered
8,128 Posts
Someone get a stop watch and a really big ruler.

We can go out to El Mirage and do 1/4 mile, 1/8 mile, 0-60, 60-0, 0-100, 60-100, 0-max, etc :rocker:

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
For those who think a 4x4 shouldn't be on the track (okay, like me), this guy has been on the CJ boards (my other habit) for a while... he's got guts for days...

The CJ is set up for wheeling, e.g. lifted, locked, MTs, etc. And he still puts up some amazing numbers

12.91 @ 102mph

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
I would imagine that if Air2Air had stock sized tires, he could put up a high 13. The thing absolutely flies with all that weight at the wheels. His supercharger is putting up some insane numbers.

I believe he only putting out slightly over 300hp to the wheels.(last time i checked his buildup atleast) I know he has fiber glass fenders,but healso has the weight of a full cage. My guess would be high 14's. Thats still preety good though. :)

·
Registered
8,128 Posts
I believe he only putting out slightly over 300hp to the wheels.(last time i checked his buildup atleast) I know he has fiber glass fenders,but healso has the weight of a full cage. My guess would be high 14's. Thats still preety good though. :)
He is at 400hp+ .

:rocker: He just needs to swap out his wheel tire combo's for a run down the strip.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts