Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Increasing my drinking,
Installing CB in inlaw's truck. They're coming.
Installing 12v Outlet in the back
Rotating Tires
Ordering Cigar's
the normal stuff

·
Registered
936 Posts
1. Hook up the Horizon

2. Top off the fuel tank

3. Pick up a couple of bottles of Colorado Gold on the way out of town

4. Drive the 75 miles to Ouray, might even go the long way

5. If needed, go back home and get more Gold

Lookin forward to another great Summit, Hope everyone has a fun and safe journey to Ouray

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Well I was planning on going and then messed my car up pretty bad, I keep trying to post some pics and as in this case it says my file is too big ( but pics are on Rising Sun's forum).
I bent my passenger side front lower control arm busted the knuckle and beat down the oil pan. Because this happened I thought I was going to be a no show but I found a way..and add some new toys as well...
Front BudBuilt stainless steel skid And I'll be calling for the one more to get it half way there
Total Chaos front control arms
AllproOffRoad spindle gussets
:rocker::rocker:this is going to be fun!!!!

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
tlc4dr;1684632 Installing 12v Outlet in the back [/QUOTE said:
how easy is that, I need one really bad!!! My lady has one in hers and she really has no plans on using it but would never let me trail ride hers....even though she has the locker:boohoo:

·
Kokopelli Moderator
3,236 Posts
Here's some things I picked up at Lowe's quite a while ago.... with the Summit (or other extended traveling) in mind. It is a SUV box by Contico. Two of them fit in the back of the FJ very nicely. (Pictured is one) I also liked how the lid is lockable on them so I think they would be sweet on a roof rack as well. They are lightweight, well constructed, and should hold up for some long distance traveling quite nicely.

Here's a close-up of the sticker/tag on it if you want to get one/some for yourself.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Here's some things I picked up at Lowe's quite a while ago.... with the Summit (or other extended traveling) in mind. It is a SUV box by Contico. Two of them fit in the back of the FJ very nicely. (Pictured is one) I also liked how the lid is lockable on them so I think they would be sweet on a roof rack as well. They are lightweight, well constructed, and should hold up for some long distance traveling quite nicely.

Here's a close-up of the sticker/tag on it if you want to get one/some for yourself.

I could use one of those...looks like I can pick it up at Lowes !

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Current Status. Doesn't look like I'll be able to go.

Too much to do with Work and at home; so there is no time to finish FJ upgrades.

1. 3" lift - Installed!
2. Front End Aligned - Done!
3. Ricochet Skid Plates - 2 installed, 5 or 6 more to go. (and drinking all that beer)
4. Demello Bumper - In Transit - Needs to be installed
5. Warn Winch - On Order - will be here before the bumper.
6. Onboard air - Probably not going to make it.
7. Finish painting storage box. - Hell it works just fine with just the primer.
8. Mpac side Rack - installed, except for the bottom screws.
9. Mount new CB.
10. Remove lower half of Back Seats.
11. Pack! - tools, clothes, wife, dog, food, Music etc.
12. Change Oil
13. Rotate Tires

-C

·
Premium Member
2,793 Posts
Current Status. Doesn't look like I'll be able to go.

Too much to do with Work and at home; so there is no time to finish FJ upgrades.

1. 3" lift - Installed!
3. Ricochet Skid Plates - 2 installed, 5 or 6 more to go. (and drinking all that beer)
5. Warn Winch - On Order - will be here before the bumper.
6. Onboard air - Probably not going to make it.
7. Finish painting storage box. - Hell it works just fine with just the primer.
8. Mpac side Rack - installed, except for the bottom screws.
9. Mount new CB.
11. Pack! - tools, clothes, wife, dog, food, Music etc.
12. Change Oil
13. Rotate Tires

-C
Bah, you can come even when you are stock!

·
Registered
838 Posts
the 12 V install went easy, took about 30 minutes and put in an on/off switch up front.
there are alot of threads on how to do it. you can catch up with us at the summit and I can show you how I mounted mine..... still havn't figured out how to post pictures very well yet

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Bah, you can come even when you are stock!
Sure I could, but I just spent all the money on this stuff to have it for the Summit.. If I don't put it on now it will sit in storage until next year when I get ready to go back to the Lone Star Jamboree.

·
Premium Member
9,334 Posts
Diff and transfer case fluid changes, throttle body & MAF clean, replace spark plugs and an attempt at a front end alignment.

The all important brake inspection completed at the dealership and they advised no work needed at this time. :clap:

·
Registered
368 Posts
I have a ton of parts to make before I can get to the FJ. Especially 1 set of full armor to give away for the raffle (being a sponsor and all...lol).

The DangerBuggy will be getting the full maintenence workup - oil change, alignment check, lubricate drive line, bearing and seal check, belt change change, gut the front and back seats to power wash the inside and bumper & slider repaint (if I have the time).

It's gonna be great heading to Summit then Moab afterward....I can wait!!:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
I guess it should be in side a month, but I found out my control arms and rear shocks will arrive in the morning and I might get my rig back by sun down. Anyone in Colorado wanna go do a trail on Wednesday the 14th? RisingSun4X4 is doing it's 10th annual "Blow Off Work and GO Wheelin' Run!" up Slaughterhouse Gulch. It's been graded recently but was still fun enough to make some FJ40 people happy. Check out their web site for more info.

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
And here is my Kenwood 945U (with bluetooth and Ipod cord to glovebox) and Cobra 18WXSTII install.
That is Really slick looking, was is designed to fit in there like that or did you just luck out? I don't think I could get my CB in the dash, it is just too wide. Does the CB plug into the radio like the iPod? It would be great to have CB over all of the car speakers.

It looks like my progress is moving along a little better, But I still not there yet.. I just have this last 3 day weekend before I leave the following Saturday Morning.

Current Status.

1. 3" lift - Installed!
3. Ricochet Skid Plates - Installed. Still hung over from the beer.
5. Warn Winch - Waiting to be installed
6. Onboard air - Welding the frame for the tanks tonight.
7. Finish painting storage box. - need one more coat tonight.
8. Mpac side Rack - installed, except for the bottom screws. Removed it to install air.
9. Mount new CB. - Bungee cords should work?
11. Pack! - tools, clothes, wife, dog, food, Music etc. - about 50%
12. Change Oil - Friday if I can get into the shop.
13. Rotate Tires - Friday in the shop.
I'd be allot further along if it would stop raining.

-C

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
A couple of days ago I was at the discount store. As I walk in I see one of those 12V cooler/warmers. $30, so I took it home with me. It has a battery pack built in that they say will run the unit for 2 hours. I don't expect to make ice with it, but it should keep my sandwich and water cool on the trails at the Summit.

Today I go to the post office. A group of kids chase me down. They were having a car wash next door to raise money for a Navajo youth group. They did a great job. Now this is too funny.... there was a mini-van next to me. All the kids stopped washing it and were fighting to wash "the yellow car". The women had the propane burner going and made me some fry bread. Really good.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts