Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Leaving tomorrow in the AM. Going to Livingstone KOA for a few days while we check out Yellowstone then will roll into Ouray hopefully in time to register on Wednesday.

Anybody bringing their SWR meter that they could use on my CB? :D

:cheers:
I wasn't going to bring mine but packed it up just a few ago. I'm so itch'n to get down there!!!

·
Registered
5,043 Posts
Cobra 18 WXSTII CB and Wilson 3' Flex antenna! Umm its setup with a bandi mount but the CB itself is installed in the dash. See pics in this thread. Does that make things difficult? :D
Well can we get to the coax behing the radio? That would be best, we can then look at all the stuff, coax, antenna, etc. I will need a bit of coax to reach the test box.

·
Registered
5,043 Posts
I wasn't going to bring mine but packed it up just a few ago. I'm so itch'n to get down there!!!
Cool, hope to learn some stuff from you.

Ya, I hear the itching. I'm getting a few things packed. But can't load up the rear untill I get some block ice for the chest. Also can't get into the garage with the shovel and ax on the new Fourtreks mount on the roof. So Tuesday morning I will do all of that, hook up the trailer and go to Ouray.

Irish eggrolls wait for me there.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Got these from Shrockworks in on Thursday put them on Friday night.

Then went to Bridgeport OHV Park on Saturday to try them out. I didn't hit any big rocks though :lol:

Had a Midland 75-822 but it wouldn't work right. Had it peaked and tuned and still was garbled as hell. Had it hooked to a LiL Wil SS whip. So, I bought a Cobra 29 LTD classic from a friend that was peaked and tuned. Mounted it passenger side with Industrial Velcro and it has not budged.

Think I am pretty much ready except for the packing. Leaving Tuesday morning and will be there Wednesday.!:rocker:

41 - 50 of 50 Posts