Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody make rear springs that only lift 1"?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1" rear lift springs?

I have 2" lift springs now with 285s and feel like I need 305s to fill in the wheel well better orrrrr I could just lower the rear 1" and still use the boss 2.0 rear shocks according to Toytec the shocks are for 1-3" of lift.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Call Deaver spring and ask for Scott. They can custom make you a set of progressive coil springs. I ordered a set of 1.5" progressive coils to match the length of my Fox 2.5 Factory Series DSC shocks.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Call Deaver spring and ask for Scott. They can custom make you a set of progressive coil springs. I ordered a set of 1.5" progressive coils to match the length of my Fox 2.5 Factory Series DSC shocks.

How much were they?

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
How much were they?
I'd be interested to know as well. I have the SAW 1.5" springs in the rear and they are a tad bit too tall for my taste. I actually e-mailed ToyTec a while back and asked if they had anything a bit shorter and they said the SAWs are about as low as it gets.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'd be interested to know as well. I have the SAW 1.5" springs in the rear and they are a tad bit too tall for my taste. I actually e-mailed ToyTec a while back and asked if they had anything a bit shorter and they said the SAWs are about as low as it gets.

Did you get exactly 1.5"? I'm contemplating going back to stock height in the rear until I get bigger tires. My 285s now are only 32" tall.

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
Did you get exactly 1.5"? I'm contemplating going back to stock height in the rear until I get bigger tires. My 285s now are only 32" tall.
I've given a lot of thought about going back to stock rear springs. I have 285/75R16 Duratracs and the front looks perfect (SAW coilovers on lowest setting) but the back has always looked a bit wonky. Stock might be a bit too low but, a 0.75" lift spring would be amazing.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm going to try stock if I can get some stock springs and shocks for cheap. When and if I ever pull the trigger on bigger tires then I will go back to 2" in the rear. My 285s are going to last forever though since this is not my DD.

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
I'm going to try stock if I can get some stock springs and shocks for cheap. When and if I ever pull the trigger on bigger tires then I will go back to 2" in the rear. My 285s are going to last forever though since this is not my DD.
You can fit pretty big tires in the back without issue.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Does anybody make rear springs that only lift 1"?

I had mine made by http://www.coilsprings.com
They were $275. I added 1" over stock, 15% stiffness over stock and had them spec'ed for 150lbs more than stock coils. They will make whatever you want in about 4 weeks. They are very friendly and helpful on the phone, too.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They have there limitations, but I do not think 1" spacers would cause any issues on the stock springs provided you have upgraded rear shocks.

I think 1.5" is the smallest spacer too. Factory springs with spacers would fall out when flexing anyway with my shocks according to Toytec.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I use the SAW 1.5" rear coils. You can measure mine next time me meet.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I use the SAW 1.5" rear coils. You can measure mine next time me meet.

Bridgeport tomorrow or did it get too wet after today's rain?

·
Registered
304 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'd say it will be fine...unless you got tube doors on..might get too dirty.

Got the normal doors on. I'd like to see BP after a good rain anyway. Plus I need to test my new winch! Want to meet there at 9:30ish? Or I can swing by your house on the way up.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Got the normal doors on. I'd like to see BP after a good rain anyway. Plus I need to test my new winch! Want to meet there at 9:30ish? Or I can swing by your house on the way up.
Sure you can meet at my house...I'll text you address.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts