Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
NONE AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME

This made a huge improvement, I now can have the seat at the exact height I want.

UHMW is an impact-, chemical-, and moisture-resistant plastic with a low-friction surface, better abrasion resistance than PTFE, and more rigidity than other polyethylenes
Color is opaque black
Meets ASTM D4020 specifications

Bolts - M10 Class 8.8

Thread Size M10
Thread Pitch 1.25 mm
Length 50 mm
Threading Fully Threaded
Head Width 17 mm
Head Height 6.4 mm
Material Zinc-Plated Steel
Fastener Strength Grade/Class Class 8.8
Hardness Rockwell C21
Tensile Strength 110,000 psi
Thread Type Metric
Thread Spacing Fine
Thread Fit Class 6h
Thread Direction Right Hand
Head Type Hex
Hex Head Profile Standard
Drive Style External Hex
Specifications Met DIN 961
System of Measurement Metric
RoHS Compliant

Install

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
But without a corresponding spacer at the front seat mounts, this has to affect the seat angle, tipping it forward, correct?

And it doesn't change anything about the seat height "slipping" problem except make the lowest seat position 1" higher than it is without the spacers, correct?

·
Registered
827 Posts
I guess this is for people who aren't 6'1"? GLWS I dropped by because I never heard for such a thing.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
But without a corresponding spacer at the front seat mounts, this has to affect the seat angle, tipping it forward, correct?
Correct, but I would say it more levels the seat cushion than really tipping it forward. I think mine are 1.25" high and it feels more like the angle of a bench seat instead of a bucket.

And it doesn't change anything about the seat height "slipping" problem except make the lowest seat position 1" higher than it is without the spacers, correct?
Correct.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
As stated here it doesn't really change the angle of the seat with the 1" spacers in the rear. They don't correct the sinking seat, but they do give your seat more vertical lift for those of us that find the seat doesn't go high enough.

·
Registered
201 Posts
We did this mod some time ago and found it makes a huge difference, for the better. With the slightly more vertical sitting position it feels more like a truck and less than a sedan. I come in around 6'3" and still have about the same leg room and roof clearance as before.

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
This made a huge improvement, I now can have the seat at the exact height I want.

$25 shipped to your door, send me a PM or Email oobfpayp[email protected]

UHMW is an impact-, chemical-, and moisture-resistant plastic with a low-friction surface, better abrasion resistance than PTFE, and more rigidity than other polyethylenes
Color is opaque black
Meets ASTM D4020 specifications

Bolts - M10 Class 8.8

Install

Interested in the spacer kit but wanted to clarify something. The spacer kits only go in the rear not in the front mounts? So there are only two spacer mounts not 4 per seat?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Interested in the spacer kit but wanted to clarify something. The spacer kits only go in the rear not in the front mounts? So there are only two spacer mounts not 4 per seat?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
Correct, go in the rear only. 1 set is 2 spacer, 2 bolts, 2 washers.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.