Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I test drove one today and am seriously considering buying it (see my thread in the 4x2 forum. But one small pet-peeve was that the windows aren't one touch up & down. My Scion tC has it for both the driver and passenger side. You'd think that Toyota would make that standard across the board in all of their vehicles equipped with power windows. Small annoyance, but such a nice amenity to have once you've had it for a while. Maybe if I get it, I can figure a way out to use the switches from the tC so I can have up and down 1 touch windows. Anyone ever do this as a mod?

·
Kokopelli Moderator
3,236 Posts
I test drove one today and am seriously considering buying it (see my thread in the 4x2 forum. But one small pet-peeve was that the windows aren't one touch up & down. My Scion tC has it for both the driver and passenger side. You'd think that Toyota would make that standard across the board in all of their vehicles equipped with power windows. Small annoyance, but such a nice amenity to have once you've had it for a while. Maybe if I get it, I can figure a way out to use the switches from the tC so I can have up and down 1 touch windows. Anyone ever do this as a mod?
Great idea! I have never had one touch "up", but have driven plenty of rental cars that have it. VERY nice to have in a drive-thru whether it be Mickey Dee's or a bank..... :cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
I've always only had one touch down. Never had one touch up. Bothered the hell out of me then I figured it was a safety feature so the windows don't keep going up if your dog has his head out the window or something lol

So there are cars with one touch up, eh? Interesting

·
Registered
190 Posts
My BMW's were all one touch UP and DOWN...I miss it dearly...Someone please figure something out asap! lol

BMW has a safety built in so that if the window detects pressure while going up it reverses and goes back down...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Same here. I've always wondered why toyota insisted on only one "auto down". My Lexus had all auto downs... maybe that's how they make the distinction between utilitarian and luxury...

Seriously, how much more could it cost to put in all autodown switches?

·
Registered
214 Posts
I don't think its as simple as popping in a scion switch. The two vehicles ive been in that had one touch up windows also had some kind of safety thing where if you put any resistance on the glass as it goes up, it stops... (Prevents all the youtube videos of fun decapitations i bet).

I imagine there is an extra sensor of sorts that detects that sort of thing. Just wanted to give you a headsup before you blew money on a Scion switch :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
This thread might help. Auto-Up-Down-Window-Switches

·
Registered
443 Posts
Hell my wife's 2010 Prius has all four windows auto up and down. This isn't just a Lexus thing, Toyota should do it in all their cars/trucks.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow that's awesome! Thanks so much for finding that. I even did a search before I posted lol. That looks so easy and literally a 5-10 minute job. This is probably going to be one of my first mods. BTW, great screen name, my nickname growing up was Mouse. Nobody knew me as Scott, it was even in my yearbooks lol Thanks again for finding that writeup, can't wait to do it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts