Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Searched, but didn't find any reference to this yet.

Parts Express has this little 100W amp on a closeout sale. I'm sure it was part of some OEM system that's not made anymore, but it looks like it might make a viable upgrade or replacement for the FJammer's subwoofer amp. Especially if you were thinking about upgrading the driver in the enclosure. Either way it's worth a shot for $10.

Kicker 100W Car Audio Stereo Input Sub Amp with Housing | Parts-Express.com

:cheers:

·
Registered
2008 Toyota Trail Teams Special Edition FJ Cruiser
2,468 Posts
you'd need to run a DVC 2Ohm sub and wire it in parallel to take advantage of the 100W @ 1OHM. I just did a similar sub install in my girlfriends jeep. It has a stock amp 75W @ 1OHM so we replaced the factory crap sub with a 6" DVC sub wired in parallel.

great find. For the money I may have to pick this up.

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like I'll be picking up one of those little amps along with one of these - RWE-202 - MB Quart 8" 300 Watt DVC Subwoofer and some polyfill.

While I've got it all apart I'll also try some of this Cascade VB-1S PRO Quiet Kote Damping Spray 18 oz. Net Wt. | Parts-Express.com to see if I can deaden the enclosure since I've got a can sitting around. At the very least I'll get rid of the clear plastic look and this stuff has made door speakers come alive for me in the past.

Maybe this small-budget tweak will bear some decent fruit. :cheers:

·
Registered
53 Posts
in for one, thanks.

If i would use an 8'' woofer like the one mentioned above, would i need to upgrade the stock wiring?

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
in for one, thanks.

If i would use an 8'' woofer like the one mentioned above, would i need to upgrade the stock wiring?
I haven't seen the stock wiring that delivers power to the amp yet, so I can't comment there, but I plan to use some halfway decent speaker wire between the amp and speaker. Probably some 12ga. Might be overkill for this setup and the very short wire length involved, but I've got some lying around somewhere.

·
Registered
53 Posts
this one has stereo inputs

part # 269-176 has mono input. is this not the one we would need? mine shipped already :(

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Darn. I missed that, too. The mono amp was not listed in the email flyer I got earlier this week. I'd call Parts Express directly and ask about an exchange. They've been good to me in the past when I've made mistakes on order quantities, etc, but I'm not sure about items that are 'buyouts'.

Let me know what they say and if they won't take it back then I'll buy it from you. :cheers:

·
Registered
190 Posts
anyone have one of these amps for sale or know where I can get one??? i don't care if its more than $10 LoL, i just don't want to run extra wires.....:cheers:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts