Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

We have finished our design for a new aluminum front bumper for the FJ Cruiser! It weighs 43 pounds and will accomodate a winch including the Warn 9000i. It comes powder-coated black with bull bar or full brush guard. It is priced at $1,495. It is also available without brush guards at a reduced price. Production starts next week and we are offering 10% discount for orders on the first production run. Take a look at our website for additional info about Aluminess! Aluminum Bumpers - Tire Racks - Off Road Products - Aluminess Products, Inc.

Thanks...

·
Premium Member
16,781 Posts
43 lbs!!!! Goodness, thats almost the same weight as the plastic piece. Good stuff.

Welcome to the forum aluminess. There is definitely a market out there wanting lighter weight gear.

·
Registered
8,951 Posts
Any additional photos of the back side of the
bumper that is not mounted, and also some
structural data on the material used...

Thank You...

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
I like the concept, design and weight. The price is alittle strong, then I realized that I wouldn't have to get a stiffer lift for the front to compensate for the weight.
I'll keep watching.

·
Registered
185 Posts
If this is how long it takes for this company to respond to questions, then I am already not impressed. You can't post something like this up as a vendor and then just ignore it for the next couple of days. Not good PR guys.

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
everyone relax. Lets not get this thread closed like the other....
No kidding, why are folks getting their panties in a wad????

It's a friggin bumper.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I like it. I think it looks good and the light weight is impressive. This gives people a lightweight allternative to a plate bumper and I think it is a great idea. The price is steep but it's aluminum so I am sure the materials are more expensive and 10% off 1450 is a good chunk of change.

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
2 Comments on the bumper. The brackets for the shackles are going to get ground by steep approach angles and being Alum this does not seem like a good idea.

It looks to me like the winch line is coming out of the bottom of the bumper. This will create more drag do to the winch not spooling direct onto the spool. This also seems like it could cause problems if you are winching up over ledges and such by the winch line binding between the ledge and the bumper.

Other than that it looks pretty cool.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Jesus! Do you blame these guys for not responding to customers? Already, a thread had to be removed because of bashing. The new posts are only mildly better.

If these guys want to make an aluminum bumper and sell it, more power to them. Maybe some people don't want a 150 lb bumper to install.

As far as too many bumper manufacturers, are you kidding? Do you think that Jeeps have too many axle and differential makers? By the way, the technology to make all the high end engine components isn't even in the same zip code as bending and welding metal.

Give these guys a break and hold negative comments. We don't need to here comments for the sake of hearing comments.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Please post pics of the bumper with all the different options.
I like bull bars and brush guards but would like to see the concept first.
I know Aluminess makes bumpers for Sportsmobiles and that tells me how great the quality will be.
As for price, well that is a personal choice. Saving wgt is worth money to me as it impacts fuel mileage which cost me money.

·
Premium Member
7,062 Posts
I really hate to say this over and over again but do we really need another plate bumper option? What are we up to somthing like 20 manufactures now. What we need to see is somthing like high compression heads, pistons, or something other than another bumper option.
You don't 'really' seem to hate saying this over and over. :)

Please allow this new vendor the space to market his product without abuse.

Comments on price and structure are good for him to hear so he can address them accordingly.
Comments that are rude and disrespectful will be dealt with as well.

M

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
I looked for the FJ on the website that was posted and didn't see anything....Just the one for the Tundra. It would make a nice option for me since I am not looking to get a winch.....A bit pricey still....hmmmmm....Interesting though.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
We need to clarify that the picture we posted of our new aluminum bumper for the FJ Cruiser was a first article to gauge the interest level as we move into production. The final product will be powder-coated black and brush guards will be added. We should have a picture of the completed bumper installed in the near future.

We have received many requests for information on the Aluminess FJ bumper…we appreciate the interest and want to let others know that we may consider a larger discount (rather than 10%) for the first production run, if the volume justifies deeper discounting

One other item of information…we know how important it is to respond to our customers… our office is currently open Monday through Thursday and we will be actively monitoring the forum and responding to questions…but we won’t be available to answer posts that come in over the weekend until the following Monday. Thanks for your patience!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.