Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
We need to clarify that the picture we posted of our new aluminum bumper for the FJ Cruiser was a first article to gauge the interest level as we move into production. The final product will be powder-coated black and brush guards will be added. We should have a picture of the completed bumper installed in the near future.

We have received many requests for information on the Aluminess FJ bumper…we appreciate the interest and want to let others know that we may consider a larger discount (rather than 10%) for the first production run, if the volume justifies deeper discounting

One other item of information…we know how important it is to respond to our customers… our office is currently open Monday through Thursday and we will be actively monitoring the forum and responding to questions…but we won’t be available to answer posts that come in over the weekend until the following Monday. Thanks for your patience!
You should use wrinkle finish black powdercoat so that it will be EXACTLY like DeMellos bumper for twice the price! That would be awesome:rocker::bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
You should use wrinkle finish black powdercoat so that it will be EXACTLY like DeMellos bumper for twice the price! That would be awesome:rocker::bigthumb:
Come on, that's not a fair statement. Materials are different and style might have some resemblance, but just how many different ways can you do a bumper?

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Come on, that's not a fair statement. Materials are different and style might have some resemblance, but just how many different ways can you do a bumper?
20+

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

·
Premium Member
7,062 Posts
This thread makes me less than proud of some members here. No, that's not a threat of bodily harm....:slant:

Still guys? Really? Geez, let it go....

·
Registered
704 Posts
M....Do you need me to step in and lighten things up?

·
Premium Member
7,062 Posts
Ha ha! OMG, effjae I truly just spit out coffee on that one! :lol:

·
Sockless Superstar
11,807 Posts
Last word on this and I start handing out infractions. This is the Aluminess forum and he can delete whatever posts he wishes, so all of the haters need to stop posting here. We have better things to do than clean poo off of the wall after you flung it there.

Aluminum bumpers have a place in the market as a light weight alternative. If you don't like it, don't buy it; but many will. ...and btw, aluminum is way more expesive per hundred weight than steel.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
This thread makes me less than proud of some members here. No, that's not a threat of bodily harm....:slant:

Still guys? Really? Geez, let it go....
X2

Please let it go!

·
Registered
212 Posts
i like it! i would like to see it all finished and see what kind of options it will have. are you going to do a rear bumper also?

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Wow! Reading this I will have to agree with Muddy. I think it is an excellent idea and if you don't like it don't buy it. Supporting vendors and the members here are what make this place great and to start bashing someone because you don't like the product or price is just wrong. Aluminum is way more expensive than steel and is a lot lighter. I am going to look into this a little more because I drive my FJ a lot and I like the idea of it being light weight. I would like to know if it will be airbag compatible and how long you have been in business and if you make other products for other model vehicles?

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
WTF is with people and an aluminum bumper, it's like we're calling their mothers crack wH0res.
I like this bumper, since it doesn't look like Bubba Gump's chin, like so many out there.

·
Registered
595 Posts
First off, a warm welcome to Aluminess!
IMO an aluminum bumper is a great idea and will appeal to some people that is mainly concerned with weight (which includes me). I also think that more cos in the aftermarket arena will create competitive pricing and promote new innovative ideas.

Although, I understand its been a tough environment with the current economy and I totally support the "mom and pop" type of business. However, with industrial material (steel, iron ore, copper, aluminum, etc...) prices falling more than 50% for the last 6-12mos, my question, as a general note to all vendors, why very little has change on pricing (or even higher on some occasion) and why it does not really reflect the falling prices of industrial materials? According to latest data from WSJ, avg. wages stayed flat-3% rise at max. during these recent times.

Not unless these materials were bought 2-3 yrs ago when prices were at their peak.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Thank you for your understanding.

Larry:cheers:

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
Way cool, my friend.
Thanks for posting that.

·
Premium Member
7,062 Posts
Way cool, my friend.
Thanks for posting that.
X2. Everyone has stuff they're going through.

I hope you come back to the forum as you are always welcome! :)

M

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Wow! Reading this I will have to agree with Muddy. I think it is an excellent idea and if you don't like it don't buy it. Supporting vendors and the members here are what make this place great and to start bashing someone because you don't like the product or price is just wrong. Aluminum is way more expensive than steel and is a lot lighter. I am going to look into this a little more because I drive my FJ a lot and I like the idea of it being light weight. I would like to know if it will be airbag compatible and how long you have been in business and if you make other products for other model vehicles?
The sensor for the airbag (accelerometer) is not in the stock bumper. So, the bumper is airbag compatible.

We have been making aluminum bumpers since 2001. The company was actually started because the weight of the aftermarket steel bumpers was voiding warrantees for an authorized converting company. For a while we only produced van bumpers, more business only meant more work for the owner, who was still enjoying partial retirement at the time. Eventually, the requests for other makes and models starting coming in as word of mouth spread and for the most was part turned down until the owner found himself working full-time again anyways. So, now we manufacture bumpers, roof racks, and other accessories for Ford, GMC/Chevy, Dodge, and of course Toyota. To see a list of the products that we manufacture you can check out this link (the page is currently being updated so it may be missing the Tundra front and rear bumpers as well as the FJ front bumper)Product Application Chart- Aluminess Products, Inc.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #37

·
Registered
252 Posts
Yes there is a market for rear bumpers here. What you guys have done with other rear bumpers is what alot of us here are looking for. Something that protects / holds bigger than a 33" tire with ease/ Jerry can holders/ maybe even anice chest rack over the spare tire , like some of the jeep bumpers. All this need to swing out of the way of the door. I am currently in the market for a front winch bumper , bull bar . Also a roof rack similar to the ARB rack. So I am waiting to see a finished product. Post pics soon pls. Also is it possible to send you a cad drawing with measurements and angles t custom make an aluminum front bumper.

Do you guys make trail armor? Skids plates etc. This is another huge area for weight savings.

·
Registered
212 Posts
i like your stuff im not in the market for bumpers other things in life come first. but your stuff looks good can't wait to see more.

·
Vendor
880 Posts
Welcome aluminess... I met you (the owner I assume) at sema a few years ago, you were filling in for the sportsmobile guys if I remember correctly? You wouldn't remember me most likey because I wasn't displaying and I blended in just like every other Joe, but anywho, its nice to see more possible options coming out with unique features such as being all aluminum. Good to see your still rolling...:bigthumb:

21 - 40 of 54 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.