Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would it really cost me $1000 for this? It's a '07 FJ Cruiser TRD and I took it yesterday to a shop wherein they gave me that estimate cost.:flame:

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Would it really cost me $1000 for this? It's a '07 FJ Cruiser TRD and I took it yesterday to a shop wherein they gave me that estimate cost.:flame:
That sounds really high. Call around and get more quotes.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
When you walked in to this "shop" did you tell them you didn't know $hit about fixing a vehicle or that you wanted a new radiator that was gold lined because you have more money than one person could spend in a lifetime? :lol: No way I would pay $1k for a radiator. As mentioned above, get more quotes or buy the radiator and install yourself.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
I hope you just started laughing and asked them for a mirror to check if you had "STUPID" written on your forehead.

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
My buddy has a WRX and was quoted 1200 for his. He bought a new aftermarket radiator for about 175, and I installed it in about an hour. It's a really easy job, 1000 is a joke.

·
Premium Member
2,125 Posts
Are you remaking the Chevy CHase Vacation Movie?:rofl: Maybe possibley stop at the smae shop he did?
I really think your getting taken for a ride.. I would call around!!!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Not sure where you're located, or how mechanically inclined you are, but I would call "Independent Motors" in Boulder, CO for a quote. If nothing else, it'll at least give you something for comparison. I have friends with all sorts of imports who use that shop and swear by it. Though they are really good with Nissan, they are very good with all other Japanese auto makes too.

Is that $1000 they quoted for just the radiator, or are they trying to hook you a ridiculous fee for coolant disposal, replacement coolant, coolant system flush, replacement hoses, gaskets, and a bunch of other crap? I have an ex-girlfriend who just had an engine swapped at the shop listed above, and they knocked $800 off the cost of installation since she brought her own fluids (oil, anti-freeze, etc). Just food for thought. I'm onboard with the others though, that seems REALLY high, even if they are going through a dealership to get Toyota parts, getting ripped off in the process, and trying to pass the rapage on to you.

·
Registered
8,951 Posts
Just for reference.... ;)

TRDSparks.com said:
radiator, fj cruiser, manual trans - 4.0l - 4.0L
07-10 list $608.04 cost $474.27
Cooling system - Radiator

radiator, fj cruiser, auto trans - 4.0l - 4.0L
07-10 list $581.72 cost $453.74
Cooling system - Radiator

1 - 12 of 12 Posts