Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so my 2007 FJ Trd has just been given a 1,000k gift from the wife, basically her permission to put some money in her.
I'm thinking OME/Toytech lift kit, but do I have cheaper options using the stocks bilstein shocks that I think are awesome, and then save me some cash to put on something else?
My goal is to just gain a little lift for Colorado trailing.
Thanks

·
Registered
162 Posts
Definitely check out the Ironman lift. Full suspension lift, really good quality and an awesome price.

·
Premium Member
3,412 Posts
Great wife!!!

My girlfriend always complains about the money I throw into my vehicles and my response is always "Honey, I'm creating jobs with every dollar I spend and those people spend it in your Clubs, leave your employees tips so they can get their hair and nails done." She laughs, I go back to installing it :)

My "wants" help others needs and wants.

·
Registered
260 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the advice thus far... the TRD is the wifes actually, I like to claim the FJ whenever I can...
I have a 99 TJ Sahara with a big lift, a 65 VW bug, and a 2011 Cummins diesel to pull em all around, so the money spreads thin across the board.
I think Im going with a Med OME Lift, 3" from toytech, moving to Colorado in a month or so, cant wait to hit the trails.

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
So I also have the 2007 TRD and I am wondering how to compare what I already have to what is out there? All I know is that the TRD came with TRD/Bilstein off-road tuned shocks.

I have added a total weight of about 146lbs to the front. I am starting to off-road often and think I should get a lift, especially since I have the added weight. Until I got the FJ and started off-roading I never cared about suspension so I really dont know what is comparable to what I already have. I dont want to waste my money.

Any thoughts??

·
Registered
476 Posts
So I also have the 2007 TRD and I am wondering how to compare what I already have to what is out there? All I know is that the TRD came with TRD/Bilstein off-road tuned shocks.

I have added a total weight of about 146lbs to the front. I am starting to off-road often and think I should get a lift, especially since I have the added weight. Until I got the FJ and started off-roading I never cared about suspension so I really dont know what is comparable to what I already have. I dont want to waste my money.

Any thoughts??
I am in the same situation and have found there are alot of options. Besides the lift handling increased weight the lift allows you to run a larger tire that gives extra ground clearance and traction for off roading. The lift may not look good with the stock tire size so quite often a lift is purchased when the stock tires need to be replaced. There is alot of the feedback on the ICON lift where you will find that while enhancing off road capability it gives a pavement ride better than stock however, it is pricey. There is alot of the feed back on the Pro Comp 3" lift where you will find the pavement ride is harsher than stock but it costs less than the ICON. There is alot of feedback on Bilstein with their adjustable strut which is less expensive than both ICON and Pro Comp. Good luck! :bigthumb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts