Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New guy here... just wonderin' what the crowd's like in these parts.

I've wanted an FJ since they came out, and finally I got one last week!

'07 VooDoo Blue with 3" ToyTec lift, 285 Dick Cepek Mountaincats on alum wheels, Road Armor front bumper with PIAA 4's on the corners and Daylighters on grill guard.

It's a dream to drive, and and better dream off road! Just like all my other toys, I thought I'd better find a good place to hang with like minded peeps.

Are there any "Must do's" I can't live without? Fire away, I'm all ears!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Grats! Welcome to the forum :). You need skids and rails. The rest can wait. :) Actually you need recovery gears and learn to use them too.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Céad Míle Fáilte

·
Registered
622 Posts
Welcome to the land of empty wallets and many mods!
Chuck:)

·
Banned
2,364 Posts
New guy here... just wonderin' what the crowd's like in these parts.

I've wanted an FJ since they came out, and finally I got one last week!

'07 VooDoo Blue with 3" ToyTec lift, 285 Dick Cepek Mountaincats on alum wheels, Road Armor front bumper with PIAA 4's on the corners and Daylighters on grill guard.

It's a dream to drive, and and better dream off road! Just like all my other toys, I thought I'd better find a good place to hang with like minded peeps.

Are there any "Must do's" I can't live without? Fire away, I'm all ears!
The folks on this forum are the best. It is relatively flame-free and the outstanding mods make sure that people keep things civil. As I'm sure that you are finding out, there's lots of great information about FJC performance, mods, maintenance, problems (like any vehicle - there's a few common ones), and offroading - there's even quite a bit of off-topics discussion...

So, howdy, congrats, and welcome to the forum! :wave: :cheers:

·
Premium Member
17,095 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Welcome home. :wave:

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Welcome to the addiction....I mean forum!:cheers:

·
Registered
499 Posts
Welcome! Great to see someone who just gets their fj and right away looks for forums offroading and mods :D
you my friend are a true man. ;)

·
Registered
2,049 Posts

·
fka fatbrat40
2,488 Posts
Welcome!! this is a mod friendly place..come on out and hit a trail with some of the members here

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Holy crap Batboy! (Can ya say 'crap' here?) 2 pages of 'Welcome Aboards". I'm gonna like it here. I'm on a few other forums- Snowest, Snowmobilefanatics and Dieselstop.com, and I've never had so many peeps in the welcome wagon! Way to make a guy feel like he's in the right place!

Thanks for the advice on skids and sliders. I have sliders already, not sure what brand they are, as they were on it when I got it. It looks as though I may be missing a skid behind the front diff though....

Basic recovery gear... Got it--ex tow truck driver/vehicle recovery guy and spent some time on the *******-drunken bonfire-lakebed mud-bog circuit. Empty hole in the bumper where the winch is supposed to be is not good though. I'm getting one of those later this summer. Any reccommendations???

What's the consensus on the A-TRAC? Seems to me you wouldn't need it with a locker. Is it supposed to make all that racket, or am I too old school by assuming if something sounds like it's breaking, it probably is?

·
Registered
8,128 Posts
What's the consensus on the A-TRAC? Seems to me you wouldn't need it with a locker. Is it supposed to make all that racket, or am I too old school by assuming if something sounds like it's breaking, it probably is?

ATRAC rocks! You can hack the computer to run both the locker and ATRAC at the same time, then it really rocks!

The sound of ATRAC never get's old.. scares the crap out of me every time i hear it kick in.. But it works!:lol:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ATRAC rocks! You can hack the computer to run both the locker and ATRAC at the same time, then it really rocks!

The sound of ATRAC never get's old.. scares the crap out of me every time i hear it kick in.. But it works!:lol:

You can hack the computer to run both the locker and ATRAC at the same time

ooooh, do tell how that's done.....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Saweeeet! Thanks Dom!

I tinted the front windows today just for something to do. Does this mean I'm addicted?????:rocker:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts