Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Hmmmmm,,,,,, I wonder why your looking for a CB antenna!!!

Bwaaa haaaa Haaaa!!!

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
i am not, but i am sure the bandi mount would hold it. you might need to drill another bolt hole to support it, otherwise it would work, as long as you don't mind the tip banging off the trees. that is why i went with a 2 foot stick and replaced my front one with a short rubber duckie.. hope this helps..

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
I'm not going to run a full whip, but am planning on running a 48" stainless steel whip (probably a Wilson or K40).

I've tried Firestiks, and am not impressed with their tuneability. However, the 3' whip I'm running now tunes very nicely (just doesn't get out a well as a longer whip).

I don't think that the Bandi mount would hold up to a full 102" whip and spring mount, as it's only held on to the door hinge with a single small screw (the flexing would most likely stress the screw and snap it, eventually). JMO...

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmmmmm,,,,,, I wonder why your looking for a CB antenna!!!

Bwaaa haaaa Haaaa!!!
:lol: I'll blame it all on you and the train tracks.

I don't think that the Bandi mount would hold up to a full 102" whip and spring mount, as it's only held on to the door hinge with a single small screw (the flexing would most likely stress the screw and snap it, eventually). JMO...
I thought the same thing, but we'll see -- seems to be holding since yesterday with a little bit of highway abuse. If it does take a dive, I'll work from there.

I thought about using a base-loaded smaller whip, but I had to give it a shot. After all, it's not every day you see a big radio-controlled-looking-FJ. :clap:

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
I've been using a 102 whip on the bandi mount with no problems for about 8 months now. I had a friend make a 6" extension and I also put in a quick disconnect. no problems to date. when not in use, (which is most of the time) it's zipped tied to my stock roof rack, still connected. The bandi mount will handle it!

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've been using a 102 whip on the bandi mount with no problems for about 8 months now. I had a friend make a 6" extension and I also put in a quick disconnect. no problems to date. when not in use, (which is most of the time) it's zipped tied to my stock roof rack, still connected. The bandi mount will handle it!
I KNEW someone on here had to be running it. There's like 20,000 people here! :lol:

Thanks for the report toytaco. :wave:

·
Registered
5,063 Posts
:lol: I'll blame it all on you and the train tracks.

I thought the same thing, but we'll see -- seems to be holding since yesterday with a little bit of highway abuse. If it does take a dive, I'll work from there.

I thought about using a base-loaded smaller whip, but I had to give it a shot. After all, it's not every day you see a big radio-controlled-looking-FJ. :clap:
Can we see pix please? :bigthumb:

Mike

·
Registered
876 Posts
I use the radio Shack 64 inch whip w Walcot heavy duty mount and spring. No probs. The 102 would be awfully long.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
That's one big antenna you're putting on the FJ!:rocker:

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
nope! I'm not running any pills.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Just a thought on running a full whip there is a saftey consideration for people standing on the side lines watching. In the past many 4 wheelers ran whips, most don't any more because the spectators at obstacles were being hit with a "whipping ant.".

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Can we see pix please? :bigthumb:

Mike
Here you go. Never mind the rust. Never got around to painting that thing. Never had a problem with it yet.

Reactions: Rik Ott
1 - 20 of 37 Posts