Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2010 FJ did not come with a 115VAC outlet which i would have preferred. I'm wondering if anyone knows whether Toyota pre-wires all FJ's with this wiring but just doesn't install the outlet. If that's the case, i can cut a hole in the back and install my own outlet. Thanks, Tom

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it is not prewired...all parts required for stock 115V will set you back over 1k$.
Best to buy a cheap inverter and call it a day.
Thanks. that was going to be my backup plan. A friend who owns a Volvo discovered that his vehicle was prewired for additional speakers so all he had to do was cut a hole out and install the extra speakers so i was wondering if that might be the same case for the 115V AC.

·
Premium Member
3,401 Posts
Thanks. that was going to be my backup plan. A friend who owns a Volvo discovered that his vehicle was prewired for additional speakers so all he had to do was cut a hole out and install the extra speakers so i was wondering if that might be the same case for the 115V AC.
The FJ is prewired for all 9 speakers (sub incl.), prewired for aux lights... but it is not prewired for 115V

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The FJ is prewired for all 9 speakers (sub incl.), prewired for aux lights... but it is not prewired for 115V
thanks for the info! Where are the Aux lights you're referring to? I was considering adding the roof top lights with air dam.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Aux lights in the front (bumper mounted) and in the drivers side A pillar for the roof. But the bumper mounted, although "prewired" still requires $150 worth of wiring harness and switches and the roof requires a hole.

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
These AUX lights are different from fog lights, right? Will they work all the time or only when the beams are on low? And what's incorporated in the $150 of stuff?

Aux lights in the front (bumper mounted) and in the drivers side A pillar for the roof. But the bumper mounted, although "prewired" still requires $150 worth of wiring harness and switches and the roof requires a hole.

·
Registered
8 Posts
my fj cruiser didnt come with the 115v outlet , however i could buy a used outlet and switch in a cheap price , can i know what else i need to have the outlet running ??

·
Registered
378 Posts
you all kidding right? you know there is no 115 volt power in a Auto, its 12volt DC. you need an inverter to change the 12 VDC to 115 VAC. Its not just a plug. And tell me what have you found this useful for? i do have the factory inverter, yet even when camping i have not found a need for it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I don't mean to resurrect a dead thread, but I was told that the FJ is prewired throughout, BUT!!!! And heres the BUT!!! For the 115V adapter in the rear there is a wire harness that runs across the top of the firewall. When I purchased my FJ it had the button on the dash for the power inverter, but no plug in the rear, also no wire harness across the firewall. (Thanks to Siri from FJNORTHEASTERS). I also wanted to install it but I just use an inverter instead. Im thinking about putting a 12V back there instead for my mini fridge on long road trips....

·
A-Team Moderator
10,328 Posts
One of the members on here used a house type covered outdoor outlet installed on the passenger side panel. Possibly wired to an inverter? Does anyone know who that is? I had it bookmarked, but lost all the links. HELP PLZ!!!

It looked like this one...

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Anyone considering doing any kind of wiring setup and not sure where to start or don't have any wiring experience, give this guy a shot:
Ron Francis Wiring

I rewired my 1950 Dodge Coronet one Saturday in about 3 hours....the entire car.
And, when you call if you have any questions, 9 times out of 10, Ron himself answers the phone. The guy is super reasonable and very helpful.

And as for having a use for it, I myself live in an upstairs apartment.
Whenever I need to vacuum out my truck, I use it.
I also used it to drill those 3 holes in the back for the drivers side Aries tail light guard.

I find it handy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts