Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had been waiting for a good sale on a 12-volt refrigerator/freezer for camping/overland trips. I clicked on the Compact Appliance link on the forum today to check the prices of the Edgestar 43 qt unit. It is on sale for $389.00 with free shipping. I thought that was a pretty good deal. Just passing it along for anyone who might be in the market. This is the best price I have found.

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
What link? I'd definitely like to check that unit out, for sure. Great price, but would like to get more info on it...

·
Premium Member
13,321 Posts
Ive checked their site before- great deals. A lot of members here run Edgestars and love them. For the $$ saved over other companies, I would go to a larger size to carry more. 43 qts goes quick. The transit bag helps to keep them from getting wacked when moving.

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
8,990 Posts
Also check the open box and scratch and dent sections. Mine has one tiny dent and was marked down to $331 shipped.

·
Registered
188 Posts
They claim that these cool to 40 degrees below outside temperature. I keep my fridge at 29 and often wheel in 100+ temps. So it seems inadequate for my needs yours may be different though.

·
Premium Member
8,990 Posts
Thanks for the info. Now they are 479.00
Yes, their sale is over.

If you check the clearance (open box & scratch 'n' dent ) sections, you will find one eventually as I did. I had to check back every few days but found one within a couple of weeks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts