·
Premium Member
5,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How cool is this?
Saw this over on Expo.
Battery Operated Water Pump - Expedition Portal Forums

I ordered one today.
It is a royal PITA to fill water jugs from a Pure water filter off of the kitchen faucet.

For dish water, I use water from the bathtub faucet I fill the 5 gallon water jug (same type as a fuel can) and that is good, but I would not drink it.
I have H20 in my ARB fridge to drink, but I really hate throwing away those 12 oz bottles you buy at the store, they are not good for the land fills.

This 12 volt pump will fit a standard water bottle like you can get at the supermarket for a water cooler like you have at work or at home.
My local Safeway has the big bottles to buy with filtered H20 in them.

Set one of these on your picnic table while camping for the weekend, and you have plenty of fresh good water to drink.

Here is a video of the pump hooked up to an Adventure Trailer water tank that they use for the trailers they build.

YouTube - Battery Operated Faucet

Here is the pump mounted to a bottle.

The outfit to order one of these from

I can also envision like Miss R2FJ is thinking of doing by mounting a tank in the rear of the FJ, and using one of these pumps.

I bet one of these pumps may work with a water jerry can too, but I am not upto spending the time to fill one from my Pure filter in the kitchen.
I would rather just get a 5 gallon or smaller water cooler type jug with filtered water already in it.

·
Premium Member
5,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Joel, I did not see an option for 12v.
The cool thing about this is there is no need to fuss with spending hours wiring it into your rig if you want to carry an onboard system.

The only place I know where to get these after reading the threads over at the Portal is at Jack's Tools.

I will have to see if it fits a shorter water cooler bottle too instead of the tall ones.

I could see someone though putting the Adventure Trailers type of water container in their rig and using one of these.

·
Kokopelli Moderator
3,236 Posts
Corey, This is awesome! I'm buying TWO--I'll give one to my father-in-law for camping and he'll think I'm the schnizit! He gives me crap all the time about the Voodoo Blue...I'll betcha this keeps him quiet! Better than a tie for Father's Day! Yeah, baby!

·
Premium Member
5,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Bob, I am sure he will like it!

Here is the traditional size 5 gallon jug these fit.

I am hoping it will fit the shorter ones too.

Yeah, this pump is great.
Sure beats doing this when out camping.

PS, found the smaller ones, they are 3 gallon.

·
Registered
465 Posts
those big jugs are the Hawaiian surfers shower :)

saw that over on expo also bet the guy who is selling them is thinking man why all the people all of a sudden :)

·
Premium Member
5,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You are welcome Joel.
I tried calling them about five times on Friday to place an oder, but all I got was the voicemail telling me they were to busy, so I ended up ordering it online.

Went for three day shipping, but I do not think they shipped it yet.
Perhaps on Monday.

Off topic a bit, but another water product I just got delivered yesterday was the Zodi shower.
If I get time, I will YouTube a vid later to the Zodi thread I have in this section.

·
Premium Member
5,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
For those that ordered this item, I hope we get it.

Today Jacks Toolshed has teamed up with Amazon.

I tried accessing my account on Jack's site, and it redirects me to Amazon, and it says there is no record of me placing an order in the last 180 days.

I emailed the address they tell you to when you call Jack's, and I have heard nothing from them.
Also when you call them, you only get their voicemail.
I left a message stating I want to know what the heck is going on with my order.

I hope we were not duped.

·
Premium Member
5,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A little more confusion.
There seem to be two Jack's Toolshed sites.

Jacks Tool Shed - mechanics tool sets, discount cordless nailers, router insert for table saw

Jack's Tool Shed - Great Tools Lowest Prices Friendliest Service

Both sites look similar, but the latter one is the one telling me they teamed up with Amazon.
I placed my oder with the first site.
However I inputted my Amazon info into the second site.
I just went to Amazon and reset my password and took my billing info off of there, as I am getting suspicious.
I wonder if the second URL is a scam?

·
Premium Member
5,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
An update.
I received an email stating my order has indeed shipped, it will be here Thursday.
I wrote back to see what affiliation they have with the .net site that was asking me to log in with my Amazon credentials.

I got to the .net site by accident.

·
Premium Member
5,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Another update:
The .net site they do not advertise.
It is only used when they have had a problem with the .com site.
He was surprised than people find that site, and I told him I found it by accident.

So all is well again :D

It got me a little paranoid yesternight to the point where I changed my Amazon password and took my credit card info down off if their server.

Better safe than sorry though...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts