Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's been almost 12 years, 163,000 miles and two continents since I bought her new, but I finally made it to the FJ Summit - Number 12! A HUGE shout out to all of those who put this event on - it was SO much FUN, THANK YOU!

She's still 100% stock.

All washed and ready for Ouray!!!

FJ Summit Trail Run Time!!!

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
Great pictures. Your lucky you finally got there. I bought mine 12 years ago also and haven`t got there yet :)

Reactions: N8!

·
Premium Member
2,100 Posts
Glad you made it N8. The area is just fantastic.

Opposite end of the spectrum here. Bougth mine 12 years ago and have been to all 12. Love the area, and the event. For the first time, I had to leave early and get back to work, but lead all three of my trails. Discovered a new area and trail that I had never driven before. Red mountain mining area, beautiful views. Going back in September for a couple of weeks, camping at Ironton Park, doing trails as far away as Pagosa Springs. Want to spend some time in the Delores Valley and do trails around Lizzard Head Pass.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Man, an FJ must seem like a behemoth to drive in Europe...

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Man, an FJ must seem like a behemoth to drive in Europe...
Yeah, it was ok as long as I wasn't driving it in cities, towns, or villages and it was so not the right vehicle to enjoy the autobahn (so rarely was it useful).

I did take it on some mountain biking trips to the Tyrollean Alps in Austria and it was perfect for that. I only drove it, maybe, 1300 miles in the 4+ years we lived over there.

I did have a couple extremely traumatizing incidents involving what was supposed to be 1.6 meter high parking garages - one of which I had to completely air down my tires to get out of.... :surprise

Photo below was taken in Schruns, Austria which is in the Montafon valley where Ernest Hemingway "wintered with his first wife, Hadley, and oldest son, who was then just an infant, where he revised the manuscript of The Sun Also Rises. In Hemingway's classic story "The Snows of Kilimanjaro" the third scene in the first flashback sequence recounts memories of Shruns."

Attachments

·
Registered
250 Posts
All those lifted, armored, monster tires and you. Love it that the FJ stock and run with modded rigs.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
All those lifted, armored, monster tires and you. Love it that the FJ stock and run with modded rigs.
It was really cool experiencing the raw capability of the FJ in its initial stock form... the '07 FJ was (and is) extremely capable. Heck I was almost all the way up Mineral Creek before the trail leader asked me if I was in A-TRAC. "What is A-TRAC," I asked... having looked at the button for 12 yrs/163000 miles but never ever using it... :rolleyes:

Added FJ Summit trail stickers

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
Nice pictures! Glad you finally made it. Been to several in the past.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts