Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I was wondering if there is a faster way to boil up some water for tea in the morning than using a propane stove.

For example, when I was in Germany we had electric water heaters (for home use) that would boil 3-4 liters of water in about a minute or so.

I am not asking for such power, only something to make preparation of tea a little faster. I have found one on amazon:

Amazon.com: Wagan 12 Volt CarPot Hot Water Heater: Automotive

But it takes 15-30 minutes to boil water, useless. It does not have to have a cigarette adapter, I can hook it up to the battery directly while the engine is running.

Thank you

·
Registered
132 Posts
I use to have a 110v immersion heater to make a cup of boiling water in a minute or so, it would run on th FJ's inverter. Check the dollar stores....

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
I have yet to find anything faster then a electric coffee kettle, about 5min to boil 32 oz.
The problem was the FJ inverter 400W is not enough. I went to a 1500W inverter and can use more powerful appliances like the coffee kettle. Inverters have come way down on price now!

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
It's actually jetfuel (isobutane... I think it's an alcohol/butane mix.Personal Cooking System (PCS) | Jetboil The sytem is relatively small. If you were backpacking, i would recomend something else. But, it is small enough... and there is plenty of room for this in an FJ (even in the rear side jack compartment) and one of those small cylinders boils up to 100 liters of water. I dunno... it's good. IMHO, Nothing electric (12v or 120v) heats up water fast.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts