Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Build a dedicated trail rig & save the FJ's sheetmetal! Pre-smog for all the CA guys!

Hate to do this but need to sell the Scout. Its a 72 Scout II, 6cyl (better gas mileage than common V8's & runs like new) and 4spd w/granny low, dark green paint with black interior (split bench front & full bench rear, perfect upholstery), white hardtop with factory roof rack & black softtop both included. It has no body damage, no rust, roll bar & front cage, front grill guard, 32" Kelly AT's & Eagle 589 rims all in excellent shape. rear swing out tire carrier, current registration just paid ($16) and NO SMOG EVER. We are facing a move next month and dont have room for this truck at the new location. Asking $3500 obo, trades considered, just PM me with offers if interested

951-282-1622 Terry

Pics up now...

FSM included

Yes it will buff out beautiful, full can of TR3 included!

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
Oh for Petes sake you people gotta stop with this posting up mega cool stuff. I'm gonna go freaking broke!!

Possibly got a 96 1200 harley for trade if interested Terry. I'd like to take a look at this mama for sure.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm interested. How many miles? How many owners? Repair history? Any accidents?

Thx

Bob
I think the miles are 116K, no idea on # of owners. I was told the motor was rebuilt a couple years back, based on how clean it is and how strong it runs I believe it. No accidents I can tell, truck is incredibly straight & couldnt see any damage in the front fenderwells (no bulges or cracks) door jambs or rear jamb.
remember this also includes a soft top in addition to the hard top. If anyone wants more pics let me know specifically and I'll shoot them. I'll take a couple shots of the motor, you wouldnt believe how much stuff doesnt exist on it, its a true tractor at heart.

·
Registered
534 Posts
RocKrawler:

While I may be interested, She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed is (definitely) not.

So sorry as it sounds like just the type of rig I'm looking for. Good luck.

Bob
Haha.....mine is just the OPPOSITE situation "He-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed" is giving me a no go. And since "He-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed" would also be "He-Who-Would-Trouble-Shoot-and-Repair" ..........

I really like it.........and I have always wanted a cool beater thing. Maybe I should trade him
in. :cowsmile:

Oops....then I would no longer have an FJ. Scratch that plan.

·
Kajun Kim
5,488 Posts
OK, now I am really drooling too!!!! Geez!!!!! That is a great ride and it is in great condition. The Guy in my house is going "WHAT"????????

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Haha.....mine is just the OPPOSITE situation "He-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed" is giving me a no go. And since "He-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed" would also be "He-Who-Would-Trouble-Shoot-and-Repair" ..........

I really like it.........and I have always wanted a cool beater thing. Maybe I should trade him
in. :cowsmile:

Oops....then I would no longer have an FJ. Scratch that plan.
Tell him its not a valid arguement... there is nothing on it to troubleshoot & repair - this is designed simpler than a lawnmower. When I got it the starter solenoid was bad. I headed down to Autozone and the part was in stock, $13.95 with lifetime warranty & replaced it in under 15 minutes with a flathead screwdriver (2 screws hold it to the starter) and a crescent wrench (fr the nuts holding the wires to the solenoid). This is the simplest vehicle design you could ever hope to own & maintain. Remember its a 1972 - no smog, no electronics, no EGR's, computers, sensors, cataletic converters, you can do absolutely anything performance related to it legally (supercharged big block sound fun?).

·
Registered
534 Posts
Tell him its not a valid arguement... there is nothing on it to troubleshoot & repair - this is designed simpler than a lawnmower. When I got it the starter solenoid was bad. I headed down to Autozone and the part was in stock, $13.95 with lifetime warranty & replaced it in under 15 minutes with a flathead screwdriver (2 screws hold it to the starter) and a crescent wrench (fr the nuts holding the wires to the solenoid). This is the simplest vehicle design you could ever hope to own & maintain. Remember its a 1972 - no smog, no electronics, no EGR's, computers, sensors, cataletic converters, you can do absolutely anything performance related to it legally (supercharged big block sound fun?).
Ya......he even said it would be simple to work on just that the old ones break a lot.

I made him peek at the photos......he likes it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts