Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1st Annual Unofficial Summit Regional BEER EXCHANGE

16K views 123 replies 38 participants last post by  deftspyder 
#1 · (Edited)
Me and Chris the Ogre were drinking some pretty damn good beers last year, and thought a national/potentially international beer exchange could only make things more awesome. So here's what we are thinking.

If you'd like to participate in the beer exchange, bring a case of beer from whatever local brewery you love along with you to the Summit.

Potentially Thursday night (subject to change, barring an official conflict) participants will meet under the tent with their case, and start trading beers with everyone else! It's as easy as that. Sit down at some tables, break open a case, and hand a new friend a beer and have a drink. I'll try to organize it as best I can!

I'll be bringing beers from my buddies new Redondo Beach CA "KING HARBOR Brewing Company" that just opened.

So, if you're interested in this event, post up where you're coming from, and if you know, what beer you'll be bringing.

And if it has to be said at a driving event...- drink responsibly, don't drink and drive.

Arrangement of tables/seating chart is below:

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

:cheers: :cheers:

===FAQ===

How does the exchange work, singles for singles?
:cheers:
The way I envisioned this exchange is very casual. Please be free with your exchanges; if everyone is generous, it will be a good time. If anyone is trying to devise the best way to get the most bang for the buck, that's the wrong attitude :)

This is basically a mixer for everyone to relax and meet others you wouldn't meet on the trails. I'm bringing some music as well, so come down, trade some beers, drink a few, and have some laughs.

List of participants who have posted what their bringing:

--- deftspyder
King harbor brewery assortment, redondo beach, CA

---Voight Kampff
Anchor California Lager
Devil's Canyon Lager Diabla
Anchor Brewing of San Francisco:
Anchor Steam California Common Beer
Anchor Summer American Wheat Beer
Devil's Canyon Brewing of San Carlos:
Full Boar Scotch Ale
California Sunshine Rye IPA

---Subverto
a variety of CO beers

--- jeepconvert
who knows.

--- Chris the Ogre
a nice variety case of fig mountain.

--- u2phan
a case of Claremont Craft Ale's Jacaranda Rye IPA.

--- Lucky Logan
Wisconsin local brews. I'll bring 2 or 3 of my favorites for everyone to sample.

--- Witch_Doctor
No Label and Karbach

--- themadv
Franconia Beer from Dallas

--- The Cardinal
I'll bring some brew from Columbus, OH. We've got Columbus Brewing Company, Elevator, Great Lakes (Cleveland)... quite a few decent craft breweries around. I'll bring a variety.

--- fingas74
packing up some Karbach and at Arnold's beers and if I have any home brews left I'll bring some of them too

--- gremlin
I'll bring the Fat Tire from Northern Colorado!

See less See more
#2 ·
Ahoy!

We will be bringing beers from the San Francisco Bay Area of the Great State of California:

Anchor Brewing of San Francisco:
Anchor Steam California Common Beer :cheers:
Anchor Summer American Wheat Beer :cheers:

Devil's Canyon Brewing of San Carlos:
Full Boar Scotch Ale :cheers:
California Sunshine Rye IPA :cheers:

#3 ·
I might join in.

To be fair, this would be at least the 2nd annual event...
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...-anyone-up-little-culture-exchange-fjs13.html

I think U2phan and I were the only ones that actually ended up meeting up for the beer exchange last year that I am aware of, but I'm sure it happens all over the place anyway...like in campsites where people share what they bring from here and there with others gathered around their campfire, etc.

So, should we bring beer that we like best, or something that we think others would be more interested in?

The reason I ask is that, for me, the two are usually very different.
Most people these days seem to be into really over-hopped, bitter beers (it's a goofy American aberration brought on by a hundred years of only having different makes of the same carbonated pee to choose from), and I prefer pretty much the exact opposite. :lol:

#5 ·
Um, I never said anyone didn't do something 'fine'.
I was actually kidding, but it's just simply a fact that it's not the first time it's been done.
Chill out, dude. :simmadown:

I agree, it's just beer. :cheers:

#7 ·
If any Belgians are planning on attending, I'LL BE THERE

Reactions: Eric Stahl
#11 ·
Indeed! :rocker:

My favorite Colorado beer is a Belgian Grand Cru made by the little brewery (Echo) I sometimes walk to in my neighborhood. Unfortunately, they don't bottle anything yet, and won't even sell this one in a growler, because it's 11% :mecry:

Oh well. If there is a Colorado beer that somebody wants that they can't get where they live, post up and maybe I'll bring some for you. :cheers:

#9 ·
I'll be bringing a variety of CO beers, since CO breweries don't actually sell beers in cases (Only bombers and 6 packs, not sure if it's state law or what).

If someone from the east could bring some Yuengling that would be awesome! I know it's not what many would consider a "quality craft beer", but I'm from Pittsburgh and grew up on it. Since moving to CO I have only had it a handful of times when friends come to visit and bring some.

:cheers:

Reactions: bitNation
#20 ·
id be happy to pick some up for you. :cheers:

#23 ·
Me and Chris the Ogre were drinking some pretty damn good beers last year, and though an national/potentially international beer exchange could only make things more awesome. So here's what we are thinking.

If you'd like to participate in the beer exchange, bring a case of beer from whatever local brewery you love along with you to the Summit.

Potentially Thursday night (subject to change, barring an official conflict) participants will meet under the tent with their case, and start trading beers with everyone else! It's as easy as that. Sit down at some tables, break open a case, and hand a new friend a beer.

I'll be bringing beers from my buddies new Redondo Beach CA "KING HARBOR Brewing Company" that just opened.

So, if you're interested in this event, post up where you're coming from, and if you know, what beer you'll be bringing.

And if it has to be said an a driving event...- drink responsibly, don't drink and drive.

Arrangement of tables/seating chart is below:

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
You know I'm in.

Pencil me in for a case of Claremont Craft Ale's Jacaranda Rye IPA.

I'll probably bring a growler (or 5) of other CCAs

Reactions: Eric Stahl
#24 ·
^^^^ This is good news.
This guy knows beer and always has something good in his stash.

#28 ·
I'll bring some brew from Columbus, OH. We've got Columbus Brewing Company, Elevator, Great Lakes (Cleveland)... quite a few decent craft breweries around. I'll bring a variety.

#29 ·
For those travelers coming through the Grand Junction area, Kannah Creek (Grand Junction) and Palisade (Palisade) Breweries offer some very good brews. For those who in enjoy Hard Cider, Snow Capped Cider (Cedaredge) is very good. These Colorado jewels just hit the stores (Fishers).

#32 ·
Beer exchange! What a fantastically great idea! :clap::cheers::clap:

#34 ·
That must be really aged! He died when Mt. Vesuvius erupted. :lol:

Reactions: big green egg
#41 ·
Herr Kampff, it was a joke. Jeesh. Have fun trading interesting brews.
I understood that. But someone else has already posted that they're bringing a beer that I can literally find anywhere in the country, and I thought I had better establish a limit of what I personally would find acceptable.

I like yellow-can Coors on a hot day. Honestly, it is my preferred brew when I am quail, dove, or pheasant hunting. But that beer has been not been special since 1978:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.