Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got some advice for a first timer at the Creek. I have a 3" lift & 288-17 BFG/AT's I think I'll be fine, not like I've never been in the woods before. Just looking for advice from people that have been there before. Thanks, BTW, I'm going with about 35 or so FJ's next Saturday. I'll be posting a bunch of pic.'s as it's my first run with an FJ group.

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
Just bring your rig, some supplies, some good jokes, and you'll have a great time. I know a lot of the people wheelin' this weekend and you couldn't have picked a better run to start out with. Rausch can be forgiving or brutal depending on how comfortable you are with your rig. i'm sure there will be a green group that will stick to the more mild trails. So take a morning run with the greens and see how you like it. Going down the power lines is a nice first time run. After lunch you can decide whether you want to try something a little more difficult or stick with the Greens. No one is going to judge you and razz you about not wanting to tear up your rig. I don't like screwing up my rig either but I like the challenges blue/blacks offer. Look foward to meeting you Satur:wave:day.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I should be there also. Best advice:

drive it like you stole it!

Just kidding. I've been to rausch 3 times. Make sure to bring a lunch and ample refreshments. A co-pilot that you trust is also valuable, you'll need someone you are confident in to spot for you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
just read your message...we've never been there before and decided to visit today...AWESOME PLACE!...i'm an FJ owner and have only had it in minimal mud once but would love to try out the trails....are you guys accepting of one more vehicle due to the fact that we really don't have anyone to go with?

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
just read your message...we've never been there before and decided to visit today...AWESOME PLACE!...i'm an FJ owner and have only had it in minimal mud once but would love to try out the trails....are you guys accepting of one more vehicle due to the fact that we really don't have anyone to go with?
It's an open invite from what I understand and no minimum on rigs unless we got to around 200. The Trail teams are going to be there as well which makes for a great first trip. Go to the pilot post in the Bruisers Back to School Run on page one and get in touch with FlyNdrive(Ben). Look foward to seeing you there. There's nothing like a parking lot full of FJ's!:wave:

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mike, I saw your post in the newbi section so I thought I fire off a PM & invite for next weekend. Hope you can make it, should be kool going with a bunch of FJ's, can't wait...

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ya, sounds like a good plan for me, go with the light stuff in the morning & then maybe a little more in the afternoon. I run a lot of trails local to me, mostly train tracks & log roads & some wider quad trails, it's not like I'm totaly green, but I'll stick to the easy stuff & see how it go's. thanks, & see everyone on Saturday... BTW, I'll be the one in the Toyota FJ....HA Ha ha HAHAHAHAHA

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Mud Pit- Power Lines- Deeper than looks-Nuff said, Thanks. I'll see if someone else will give it a go. I'll need to remove the factory hook in rugs, I was told there is alot of water on the trails at RC.

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
dont go in the mud pit next to the power lines. Its WAY deeper then it looks.....
Ask Capt. Rick about that mudpit! Oh you can view it on Youtube. I believe it's under FJ in mudhole or you can google fj in mudhole. Froghole is pretty good too. I didn't make it through but I know a TRD that did. My Rasta shovel kept catching on the ledge on the way out of it.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Ask Capt. Rick about that mudpit! Oh you can view it on Youtube. I believe it's under FJ in mudhole or you can google fj in mudhole. Froghole is pretty good too. I didn't make it through but I know a TRD that did. My Rasta shovel kept catching on the ledge on the way out of it.
Or you can ask Capt. Rick's dealer to show it to you. I think they have a copy.

·
Premium Member
7,063 Posts
dont go in the mud pit next to the power lines. Its WAY deeper then it looks.....
Great advice!

Stay between the trees. It's tight for an FJ in many places.
Enjoy the scenery; don't forget to look up! Take pictures.
There are rocks. Lots of big and small ones. Just pick your lines carefully.
Eat the blueberries! But watch for bears!
(I saw a guy taking pictures of his truck with the trees as a backdrop. Nice shots. But he was totally oblivious to the bear 100 feet from his truck.)

Have fun!

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Great advice!

Stay between the trees. It's tight for an FJ in many places.
Enjoy the scenery; don't forget to look up! Take pictures.
There are rocks. Lots of big and small ones. Just pick your lines carefully.
Eat the blueberries! But watch for bears!
(I saw a guy taking pictures of his truck with the trees as a backdrop. Nice shots. But he was totally oblivious to the bear 100 feet from his truck.)

Have fun!
I stopped to check out the map on the power line road at Coal Mine for a minute. Next time we stopped Slither's kids were all excited about the bear that crossed the power line road (to get to the other side) while we were stopped. I totally missed it.

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,063 Posts
I stopped to check out the map on the power line road at Coal Mine for a minute. Next time we stopped Slither's kids were all excited about the bear that crossed the power line road (to get to the other side) while we were stopped. I totally missed it.
Aww...:lol: Great story! There are lots of bears up there. Rattlers, too, but they are pretty much harmless. At Paragon (closed but nearby) on Voodoo while we were filming you could hear what sounded like hundreds of them in the rocks.
Matt even picked one up. But that didn't make the video, of course!

M

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts