Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my first real trail run with my FJ this weekend and got a chance to mess with some of the features. It was a blast!
Up to this point I just ran some trails with nothing challenging the stock version, but since I lifted it and put on 33s I figure I would step it up a bit.

I was up at St. Mary's Glacier in Colorado and found a ATV trail with mostly easy running, I found a nice loose rock/dirt hill. I ran it at 4 LO till about half way up and lost traction with the dirt and rocks, back up for a little more power and same result. I engaged the crawl control and rear axle lock and HOLY COW it is amazing, the FJ ran right through it like nothing. It sounded horrible, but I know that is standard with the craw control. I also used it on the descent as well and the speed control was perfect for this type of terrain.

All I can say now is I can't wait to hit more trails now. The only thing is this baby is my DD and it is nerve racking thinking I might break something, but it was too much fun not to run it like it was built! Looking forward to finding some additional runs.

Attachments

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Too funny! I see how you can kind of get lost in the moment while hammering down/up a trail. That how **** get broken!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts