Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
PINEY RUN 2-12-11

WHERE: N39 49.593 W074 21.780
WHEN: 2-12-11
TIME: 9am, leaving at 10-10:30am

Everyone will meet at 9:00am at the following coords N39 49.593 W074 21.780, we will be leaving and starting the trail run between 10 and 10:30am. The road to take you to our meeting place is called Bryant Rd. Bryant Rd is off of Rt 539, which intersects with Rt 72. The coords for the entrance to Bryant Rd from Rt 539 is as follows N39 50.180 W074 22.820. Once you turn right (if you're coming from Rt 72) (left if you're coming from Whiting, NJ) onto Bryant Rd, follow it until you get to the very first turn on your right. Follow that road down until you get to the meeting place coords (or first entrance on your left).

There will be a sign across from the entrance to Bryant Rd. pointing in the direction where you should turn to come to the meeting place (sand pit).

Our meeting place is a pretty huge sand/gravel pit with a pond to play in (this is where Izzycc submarined his FJ).

Guys, this is the location we met up at for The Jersey Devil Run.

Thanks and I hope to see yall there!!!!!!

UPDATE!!!! SEND ME A PM FOR MY NUMBER IF YOU NEED TO GET AHOLD OF ME. INCLUDE YOUR NAME AND NUMBER. THANKS!

·
Registered
792 Posts
Man--I'd love to do a run around there--but don't want a moldy truck (or spend a whole day cleaning up and replacing pulleys)!

Running @ stock height, would that be avoidable??!

·
Registered
8,955 Posts
That's some deep chit !.... I don't doo deep... LOL...

ok, only every time I've been out, but if you park
sideways on a hill, all the water pours out fast !...

;)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Man--I'd love to do a run around there--but don't want a moldy truck (or spend a whole day cleaning up and replacing pulleys)!

That pond is avoidable along with all other holes we will encounter through the day. Please feel confident with your stock rig and come along with us on this run. I've done everything stock that I plan on doing on the 12th. So stock rigs are ok! This will mostly be a trail ride along with alil bit of holes at 1/4 mile. I just replaced my pulleys and don't plan on going too deep unless I have too.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
1. FJones
2. Standingcow (Tacomaworld.com)
3. Brutalguyracing (Tacomaworld.com) -day-
4. FJ_Pawn (FJNortheasters.org)
5. Wheeler
6. Joelk
7. FJMudding10 (FJNortheasters.org) 50% chance of going
8. Izzycc

·
Registered
54 Posts
As long as I can stay out of thge really deep water/mud I am in.

This will be my first time out in the pines so I am really looking forward to it, and to meeting some other NJ FJ owners.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1. FJones
2. Standingcow
3. Brutalguyracing -day-
4. FJ_Pawn
5. Wheeler
6. Joelk
7. FJmudding10 50% chance to go
8. Izzycc
9. Keithlex -Morning/Day
10. Dettweety- Morning - all day-maybe night depends I have to take care my doggies (new Puppy)
11. Zombieapocalypse + maybe 2 others in a Jeep and Sammy

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
1. FJones
2. Standingcow (Tacomaworld.com)
3. Brutalguyracing (Tacomaworld.com) -day-
4. FJ_Pawn
5. Wheeler
6. Joelk
7. FJmudding10
8. Izzycc
9. Keithlex -Morning/Day
10. Dettweety- Morning - all day-maybe night depends I have to take care my doggies (new Puppy)
11. Zombieapocalypse + maybe 2 others in a Jeep and Sammy
12. Crusinlou
13. Jerseytaco (Tacomaworld.com) -day-
14. Oswego (Tacomaworld.com) -50% chance to go-

·
Registered
142 Posts
As long as I can stay out of thge really deep water/mud I am in.
This will be my first time out in the pines so I am really looking forward to it, and to meeting some other NJ FJ owners.
You will have a good time. I'm like you, I don't like getting in over my head.
I did this a couple of years ago with probably a few of the same people. Great bunch to hang out with. One of these days I have to return.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
woot woot!!!!!!! i did a prerun today of the trails and let me just say this.......we got some deep, icy holes to play in and jemima was alot of fun being wet and slippery hahahaha...pics and videos will be up soon as i can gather them from my coworker that rode with me. Yall gonna have fun on this run!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts

No kidding.....every video on Youtube is of a submerged FJ getting snatch-strapped out of a mud hole........I would pass.......:thinkerg:

·
Registered
25 Posts
i would like to check this out can anyone tell me good place for lodging I would be coming from york pa and my wife dosnt wanna make the drive back the same day

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Glad to have you join us Far-J

Hey guys, heres 2 videos from this past saturday when i did the prerun. Jemima was muddy and slippery!!

In this video, thats my coworker crapping his pants hahahahaha

i got some pics i gotta upload but they will be posted soon.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey guys, we are starting at the pit and then were gonna ride the trails from the pit all the way to the carranza area, at carranza rd and friendship-speedwell rd, i was gonna bust out the grill and cook some dogs for everyone, just make sure you bring your own drinks (this is the only area big enough for all of us to park, other than the pit). i will have trash bags with me so lets try to make sure the trash ends up in the bags hahaha. at oswego lake is a restroom, so if anyone needs to use the restroom, they better use it there...i will be stopping at oswego lake just for that reason. The trails we are riding on are simple...if anyone wants to avoid 1/4 mile, thats fine. I was thinking bout it today and waist deep water and ice isnt fun when you gotta walk in it to hook up a tow strap. we will be operating on channel 3 on the cb. i will have my cb on from the time i get to the pit until the time we depart at the end of the day. so as you get close you can reach me on there or my cell if you have my number. We are starting near the interesection of 539 and 72 (at the pit) and will be ending at the ranger station on 206. total mileage is about 45-50 miles of just trail riding. the trails are fairly open, in some spots branches will brush against your rig, but not bad. there will be a white sign with a big red and white (in the center of the red) reflective arrow posted up on 539 pointing to the entrance of bryant rd. the sign was an "open house" sign. please make sure you have plenty of gas, there are no gas stations in the woods hahahaha. as for now, thats all i have for the run, hope to see yall out there!

·
Registered
25 Posts
man this sucks i got nailed with mandatory overtime at work so im gona miss this one iv yet to even get mud on my fj sin-ce the lift and tires this sucks

·
Registered
54 Posts
Thanks for setting this up Fjones! My girlfriend and I had a great time.

If anyone wants any pics of your truck just e-mail me and I will send you what I have in higher resolution.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts