Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2.85" TRD supercharger pulley - SOLD

This is the URD 2.85" (0.15" undersized) pulley for the TRD 1GR supercharger. Looks like stock TRD pulley so you won't get greif from the dealer service folks. Never installed and comes with URDs install tool for press-on pulleys.

$100 shipped in continental US.

:cheers:

Bob

·
Premium Member
2,736 Posts
I thought the 2.85" pulley was APR? URD's pulley is the 2.825" and is red. URD also has a 2.7" High Boost Pulley(APR too?)

Oh, a couple of pics would be nice. :)

This is the URD 2.85" (0.15" undersized) pulley for the TRD 1GR supercharger. Looks like stock TRD pulley so you won't get greif from the dealer service folks. Never installed and comes with URDs install tool for press-on pulleys.

$100 shipped in continental US.

:cheers:

Bob

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought the 2.85" pulley was APR? URD's pulley is the 2.825" and is red. URD also has a 2.7" High Boost Pulley.

Oh, a couple of pics would be nice. :)
TRD original was 3", this is the mild overboost pulley URD first came out with for the 1GR

Underdog Racing Development

I also have a new set of 6 Denso IK22 Iridium Spark Plugs for the boosted application that I never got around to changing. I'll throw them in for another $25.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
2,736 Posts
Did you change your mind about installing the smaller pulley or go with the NST kit instead?

I still want to get my hands on an APR X1.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did you change your mind about installing the smaller pulley or go with the NST kit instead?

I still want to get my hands on an APR X1.
I went out one afternoon to quick install it and couldn't believe the PITA it was going to be to operate the tensioner. After busting all my knuckles, I decided to wait until I got a new belt to put on at the same time so I'd only have to do it once. Then once I got the belt, I just never got around to it and on my garage shelf it sat.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pulley and install tool are sold.

Thanks folks! :cheers:

·
Registered
322 Posts
Finally got myself to do the reflash after installing supercharger year ago. First Im use Unichip with no reflash map, but for my taste is not the right solution. Ive got a Mongoose VIM cable, but for the start I think to change the pulley to URD one. With new reflashed ecu thats gonna work.
Changing pulley Is more scaring that hard.
First pulling away the old one

Old vs new

Then put the URD puller on ( I Think the mark II puller, because of many negative around previous pellet)

Then expand new pulley in boiled water

Here what pusher is looks like

And Its Done

Then the reflash procedure. Unichip is temporary off.

The working place

Blinking cable

And this is a final (very nervous step)

DOne - 20-30hp is on, and nice working motor also.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts