Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a spacer option for 2" of total lift? I have a 2010 Trail Teams. I want to remove the front rake and gain the 2" of lift. I have searched on here but haven't found this. Maybe I am searching wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
There is a " leveling kit " (Spacer) that only lifts and levels the front to match the back.
The spacer is approx 3/4" total thickness and installs on the top of the stock front shocks.
Check names like Procomp and Daystar... Maybe reach out to one of the forum vendors like Toyota parts4u

·
Registered
62 Posts
Is your front actually 2" lower than rear. Measure from center of wheel to edge of fender to see where you are currently. My 2010 with the all Terrain Package was between 1 1/4 to 1 3/8" low in the front depending on which side of the vehicle I measured. I installed the 1/2" Toytec spacer on top of the strut and got 1" of lift. I'm now only low by 1/4" to 3/8" in the front and with some camping gear in the back or bikes on the hitch rack it is level. It improved the handling and looks much better.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I wasn't super clear in my OP. My current measurements from a level cement floor to the bottom of fender (centered in the wheel) is this:

Driver Front: 34 1/2" + 2.5" = 37" Passenger Front: 35" + 2.5" = 37.5"
Driver Rear: 35 3/4" + 1.5" = 37.25" Passenger Rear: 36" + 1.5" = 37.5"

Im curious is there a way to get those numbers to about an even 38" or even 37"

-Getting truck to level 38" would add 3.5" up front and 2" to the back. Is this possible with spacers?

-As I'm typing this it looks like putting the truck at 37" even would be more feasible and probably easier on other suspension components. That would add ~2.5" up front and 1" to the back. I believe that Daystar makes a kit for about $160 that says it is 2.5" front and 1.5" rear. That would be fine but that would still leave a .5" rake from Front/Right to Left and .25" rake in the same direction in the rear.

I guess I need to research and see if there are separate components I can buy, a 2.5" front spacer and a 1" rear spacer. Or a 3.5" front spacer and a 2" rear spacer.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Careful going with too much lift in the front, 3.5" is too much and you will start getting into CV boot issues. Without being nitpicky the rear is 2" higher than the front. Your FJ is 4 years old so the rear springs MIGHT have begun to sag a little which is normal.

Not sure what youre budget is, but HERE is youre best bet:

To level: Bilstein 5100 shocks on 3rd notch. (Search those on the forum)

To give a bit of lift but stay mostly level: Daystar spacer kit. 2.5 in the front and 1/5" spacer in the rear.

Below are some pics.

Top pic is a levelled FJ with 2" bilstein front lift and stock rear.

Blue Pic is a daystar lift.

black FJ is daystar lift with 285/70/17 tires. Good luck!

Attachments

·
Registered
2007 FJC 4x4.
9,856 Posts
My advice is dont overthink it too much... 1/2" difference is hardly noticeable if at all. Can vary by how much gas is in the tank, ect. Then the minute you go to add some tools ect to the back you will be front high and hate it. That is what happened to me.

I did the 5100s on the 3rd notch to level the truck...it was within 1/8-1/4" front to back. COOL!, But... I started keeping some tools and stuff back there for the trails and it started looking front high. Added the 1.5" rear Daystar spacers to get a rake back...looked stock but lifted. Now I am pretty happy with 5100s on top notch + rear lift springs. There is rake, but it really isnt a bad thing

·
Registered
771 Posts
My advice is dont overthink it too much... 1/2" difference is hardly noticeable if at all. Can vary by how much gas is in the tank, ect. Then the minute you go to add some tools ect to the back you will be front high and hate it. That is what happened to me.

I did the 5100s on the 3rd notch to level the truck...it was within 1/8-1/4" front to back. COOL!, But... I started keeping some tools and stuff back there for the trails and it started looking front high. Added the 1.5" rear Daystar spacers to get a rake back...looked stock but lifted. Now I am pretty happy with 5100s on top notch + rear lift springs. There is rake, but it really isnt a bad thing
Exactly, the FJ NEEDS a little bit of rake to look right...

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
You need about 1.5" in the front to match the rear. Toytec 112-620 springs would do that for you. aligment will be easier to dial, even for those who use the Firestone lifetime deals where the techs have no idea how to align a lifted truck, let alone one that exceeds the specs of the factory ucas, and their owners expect miracles out of the factory UCA's because they read even with 3" of lift an aftermarket UCA is not really "needed" :)

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ive decided to go with the Daystar spacer lift. Its 2.5 front and 1.5 rear. With about 95% of my driving on the highway, is it necessary or just precautionary to get the front diff drop kit??

·
Registered
2007 FJC 4x4.
9,856 Posts
I would pass on the diff drop. Could see if your CV angles look too steep after the lift, then reevaluate.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts