Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man, I feel like I have let my FJ down, lol. I just dont drive enough. Okay, my resolution is to take this thing on my road trips !!

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Just hit 30K, bought new in October 2006. Took some long trips in it, too. It's nice living in a small town: $20 in gas lasts me a full week!

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
You all still running behind! Purchased my in middle of Oct.09 and have put 39000+ miles on it:lol::lol::lol: I fill up 3 - 4 times a week! :mecry:

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
I love the small town thing too. Only 21,500 in 3.5 years!

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
I was reading an article somewhere a few months ago that the average for a car in the U.S. now is under 9K/year, down about 25% from 10 years ago. I guess it's gas prices?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was reading an article somewhere a few months ago that the average for a car in the U.S. now is under 9K/year, down about 25% from 10 years ago. I guess it's gas prices?
or maybe traffic. here in LA i find that i skip going places many times due to traffic on the 405 and every other freeway

·
Registered
8,955 Posts
Me and my wife both run around 12k a year on our FJ's....

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
I bought my in Sept of 08 and I now have 21k on it. I mostly like to take it on road trips, I've been wheeling in TX now 3 times, to the Summit twice and to Little Rock, AR once on a dog transport. I drive 60 miles a day round trip to work, but I don't take the FJ unless it is bad weather. My 90 Miata is still getting over 30mpg.

I'm still not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing. Should I drive it more or less?

-C

·
Registered
161 Posts
2 years 2 months of ownership. Just hit 18,500 miles.. Enjoy driving but have a long commute (100 miles)and use a fuel squeezer for most daily driving. Winter is the time when I use the FJ more for daily.

·
Premium Member
8,988 Posts
A little over 26K miles since Nov 07. It is driven almost exclusively back and forth to Colorado/Utah for vacations which amounts to at least 90% of the mileage. It has barely moved since I got back from the Maze back in mid-November sicne they use salt on the roads here in Indiana.

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
56k in 3 years...not too bad. Lots of road trips and living close to work has it's rewards.

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
70,000 miles in just under 3 years without a hitch. Great vehicle.

·
Premium Member
1,634 Posts
City Slicker mobile only has 14,000 in three years. Most of that came from going to Summit last year followed by a trip to Yellowstone. If I can make the Alaska trip next year, I should get some good mileage on it but then again, I might have a 'real' FJ (4x4) by then and will put the mileage on it.

·
Premium Member
1,669 Posts
Man, I feel like I have let my FJ down, lol. I just dont drive enough. Okay, my resolution is to take this thing on my road trips !!
Geez, you are a disgrace! Get off the internet and drive that thing, anywhere!
I had 20,000 miles on mine in less than 6 months.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts