Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate to sell this, but I never get to use it anymore and since I no longer have a pickup, I can't haul it out to the good riding places.

This is one very set up XR400!

Modifications include:

The "Gordon" mods, including the removal of the snorkel (fitted with a small Uni Filter, pre-filter in it's place) as well as 6 of the 1" pre-filter plugs in the airbox. The header pipe weld has been ground down for better flow, etc..

* Clarke 3.8 gallon tank
* Baja Designs LED Tail Light
* Works Connection frame protectors
* Scott's Sharkfin Rear Brake Protector
* Pro Taper Bars
* IMS Pro Series Footpegs
* BRP Upper Triple Clamp
* BRP SUB Mount for Scott's Damper (damper not included)
* FMF Q pipe
* Edelbrock Quicksliver pumper carb
* Moose Racing aluminum handguards
* Moose Racing heavy aluminum skidplate
* Acerbis Cyclops Headlight
* Trail Tech Endurance Computer & Dashboard
* Baja Designs Dual Sport Kit
* Devol Front Disk Guard
* Race Tech gold valves in forks and shock. (shock rebuilt in '06 by Precision Concepts)
* SRC Fork Brace
* SRC Mudskins Seal Savers (fork sleeves)
* Acerbis black front fender
* Cemoto black rear fender

This bike has been ridden hard and it has been dropped many times and it is virtually indestructable! :) It is set up for serious desert use for a guy weighing around 220 lbs (me). It has done the LA to Barstow to Vegas twice as well as a few desert races back in '05. The last time it was ridden in anger was the '06 LA-B-V followed by an oil change and valve adjustment (a 10 minute proceedure on this bike) and it has since been run dry of gas and stored in the garage due to a back injury (hence the sale). It is located in the Los Angeles area, near the Howard Hughes center for any locals that want to check it out. It has some scuffs, but is seriously built like a tank.

I would not hesitate to ride this bike anywhere without worry of a failure.

The biggest problem with the XR400 is the 'impossible to start' carburator; the Edelbrock has eliminated that problem altogether. One of the most expensive mods on this bike, but by far the most worth while!

For those on Thumper Talk, you can look the bike and list of mods up on my garage, user name ZenMoto (http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/gar...ehicle&vid=158) and can see that there is nearly $8000 wrapped up into making this the perfect XR, but none of that money was spent on superflous crap. This was a bike intended to go anywhere reliably. It is not the perfect race bike, it is in fact not even a very good race bike. What it is, is the perfect go anywhere, anytime bike. It is California plated with a clear title, and ready to be ridden.

The bike comes with much of the original parts that came off it (fenders, exhaust, etc.) The only thing missing is the original gas tank (sold to a fellow rider who damaged theirs) ...and why would you want decreased range on a desert/trail bike! :)

$4500 OBO / Trades considered.

Thanks for looking. Cheers,
Dale

·
Registered
8,128 Posts
Oh wow... nice.

Exactly what i have been looking for! ...But im tapped :lol: If only you put this up for sale a month ago :(

Good luck on the sale :D

·
Registered
472 Posts
That is a sweet machine and a great price. My 98 XR400 is the most reliable bike I ever owned. I think 2001 was the last year that you could make it street legal so that is a bonus.:cheers:

Good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts