Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

so I have a down payment ready to pull the trigger here....love this vehicle but a few things.....test driving and getting lot of steering shake at 50 mph and up. now I sense its the tires for sure but I am concerned that the 2007 had this same problem with the TSB (if i got the acronym correct?). asking the seller to do an alignment and balancing before making the deal but this TSB is in the back on head as a potential issue. he can do the alignment for 60 bucks....

so do i do the deal, role the dice, maybe get new tires and hope that the shake disappears? then if still a problem how to address the TSB?

trying to figure the best way to work around this.

Thanks for any insight...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
I’ll second the tire rotation. The fronts look much more worn and probably cupped than the rears anyways which carries a high probability as to why you are feeling a shake at 50 mph.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
BTW , I have an 07 with 150k miles, owned since new without any major mechanical issues experienced. Typical brake, battery replacement.. Replaced Alternator at 130k, water pump just this week. Good luck.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks...extremely happy with my purchase. The tire rotation did wonders and made my decision quite easy to purchase. Will replace the brake pads as the brakes are abit low.....Watching some prices on the Falkan Wildpeaks too eventually. Will be driving from South Florida up to NJ and hoping to take in on the beaches all the way up:). Also want to get a 2nd ignition key since it only has one. Thoughts? I know the dealer needs to program it so any feedback to saw a few bucks to this process?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes like the matched roof too.....interesting guy sold me the vehicle....evidently he moves alot of FJs to latin america as these are the choices of diplomats in venezuela etc. they pay top dollar for them but with the instability down there they are not moving these days....

Anyhow, Actually this is an '07 too....So simply go a hardware store for duplicating it? no chip or anything in it?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
awesome....had the key made which works perfect for the ignition. however it didnt work for the door lock. interesting......thanks as its good to have anyhow

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
h there so pricing out the falken wilpeaks vs nitto terra grappler which the falkens are 200 bucks less a set for 4. now assume again 75 on road 25 off. i was on 1010 tires site and they have comparisons as the nitto was top rate on road noise which is a big part of my choice. thoughts who may have had both of these on their vehicle? thanks for an guidance.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so i was wiggling the key in the lock but didnt want to push it with the replacement home depot key. did you get it to actually lock with the same replacement key?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts