Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the website, I’m sure there’s a thread for this somewhere in here so go easy on me lol. So soon I’m going to get a 2.5” OME lift. I want to clear cooper discoverer stt pro 295/70r17 tires and I don’t really want to do the BMC if I don’t have to. I know it’s not the most difficult thing to do but I don’t like cutting/welding on the frame.I know it’s just the ear of it for the body mount but still not my favorite thing to do. So my question is can I clear those tires on pro comp 69 series (4.75” backspacing/-6mm offset) without doing the body chop? The mud flaps will obviously have to be removed/modified. Just wondering if anyone has had experience with this offset and that size tire. I like that it’s a hair wider/taller than the 285/70r17 and was just wondering if it was possible with that wheel or if anyone has a wheel in mind that will work with a different backspacing. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
New to the website, I’m sure there’s a thread for this somewhere in here so go easy on me lol. So soon I’m going to get a 2.5” OME lift. I want to clear cooper discoverer stt pro 295/70r17 tires and I don’t really want to do the BMC if I don’t have to. I know it’s not the most difficult thing to do but I don’t like cutting/welding on the frame.I know it’s just the ear of it for the body mount but still not my favorite thing to do. So my question is can I clear those tires on pro comp 69 series 17x9 (4.75” backspacing/-6mm offset) without doing the body chop? The mud flaps will obviously have to be removed/modified. Just wondering if anyone has had experience with this offset and that size tire. I like that it’s a hair wider/taller than the 285/70r17 and was just wondering if it was possible with that wheel or if anyone has a wheel in mind that will work with a different backspacing. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
165 Posts
You will need the BMC.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2007 FJC 4x4.
9,925 Posts
x3. It will be a must. You will likely want to get new UCAs as well if you have not....going to need that extra caster.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts