Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK kids, it's time for the wife and I to pay off our debts and do some world traveling in our spare time. Accordingly, my FJ will be up for sale starting on or about 06/15/2016 - still a couple of places we want to take it before we say goodbye.

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser in yellow, which I bought used (w/19k miles) from Car Max on W. Sahara in Las Vegas in 01/2009. 63k miles, regularly maintained, TRD exhaust system. 1 year old Optima Red battery. ARB Heavy-Duty Bull Bar on the front, 3/16" steel skid plates from the bull bar back past the transfer case, heavy-duty rock rails, woven stainless brake lines, Old Man Emu 2-1/2" lift kit, Goodyear Wrangler Kevlar-belted Wrangler oversized mud tires with 15k+ miles left on them - frame mod done so they don't rub. It's got original FJ 40 identifiers mounted to the front fenders and to the rear door. I removed the subwoofer ages ago; it took up too much cargo space (and didn't add that much to the sound system anyway). Seat belt recall was performed by Toyota a couple of years ago.

It has its flaws, of course: We hit a big deer on US 89 east of Kanab in 10/2009, but with body-on-frame construction it suffered no noticeable structural damage - reconstruction was performed in St. George, UT, by the way. The windshield is sand-pitted from sandstorms, but still perfectly legal. It needs new weather seals around the left-side windows - deteriorated; that's the side that faces the desert sun when it's parked. Has a small wear hole on the driver's seat left bolster and original stock rubber floor mats just starting to wear through. Rear bumper is dented and scraped from trees and rocks while backing up in the mountains; I don't know what Toyota was thinking when they put a plastic bumper on the rear of a capable 4x4. Black steel dish wheels need cleaning and respray, bull bar and body paint need a good buffing; I may do those things to improve street appeal before I formally put it up for sale.

This hasn't been a show truck; it's been a loved part of our family for the last 7+ years and been used off-road like it should have been used since the day I bought it - comes complete with "desert race stripes" (branch scrapes) and everything else one might expect from having been driven extensively in the Mojave Desert. Is it cosmetically perfect? Heck, no. Is it mechanically sound and 100% off-road capable? Absolutely.

$20,500.00 o/b/o. Located in Las Vegas, NV - posted locally and in Facebook. More photos available upon request.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I've been on forums before and I generally have no use for them. I have a truck to sell, not a truck to brag about, show pictures of, or ask advice for. Put simply, @ROCKBOX, someone will be very happy with their purchase of my vehicle, but it clearly won't be you. Which is a bit of a shame because I built this vehicle for going out to Gold Butte, Meadows Wash, Toroweep, Grand Staircase, etc., right in your own neighborhood.

If you have any interest in actually seeing my truck in person, it will be parked at the Cracker Barrel Old Country Store on S. Convention Center Dr. in St George, UT on the morning of Tuesday, 05/17/2016, probably between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 9:30 a.m., depending on northbound traffic in the Virgin Gorge construction zone on I-15 in the AZ Strip. My wife and I are going up to Kanab for 3 days to do Tuweep/Toroweep, Cottonwood Canyon, and who knows what else, and since there's no Cracker Barrel in Vegas we're going to enjoy breakfast on the way up. You're allowed to crawl under it all you like, but don't set the alarm off - my FJ is protected by Ruger squared. BTW, after we hit the deer the FJ spent a month (10-11/2009) at a body shop on W 1700 S in St George, so if you like you could probably drop by to see if they have records for what work they did on it - my member name is my real name so you could ask about my truck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts