Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

PRICE: $26650

Private sale, no dealer's hidden costs, price is all inclusive. Only 25k kilometers. Full options! No accidents - CarFax report available. New car, 1 owner. Forced to sell this baby cos I'm moving out of the country.

Original price was $39,650.

4.0L V6
Parking radar
Cruise control
MP3
6-disc in dash CD changer
Combined leather seats
Leather steering wheel
AC
Keyless entry
Multifunctional steering wheel
Additional anti-theft system
Roof rack
New winter tires
17" wheels
Tow hitch
5 year warranty
etc.etc.etc...

Please email: [email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Canadian prices for the FJ are higher than the U.S. prices. I paid just under $40 000 for my 2007 four years ago.

·
Premium Member
12,943 Posts
Yep, higher prices, no trail teams, no diecast models.

Paid $29,000 for a base model back in 2006 - same model in the US was $19,000.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yep, higher prices, no trail teams, no diecast models.

Paid $29,000 for a base model back in 2006 - same model in the US was $19,000.
well then that stinks! seems cheaper to buy one over in America and ship it...but not to hi jack

good luck with your sale!

·
fka JimmyHoops
2,837 Posts
You have to factor in currency exchange at the time of purchase. Back in the day, the Canadian dollar was a lower value than the US Dollar and was not close to being the 1:1 conversion rate that it is today. Depending on the time of purchase that might have equated to 15-17% less buying power than the Canadian dollar does today.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
You have to factor in currency exchange at the time of purchase. Back in the day, the Canadian dollar was a lower value than the US Dollar and was not close to being the 1:1 conversion rate that it is today. Depending on the time of purchase that might have equated to 15-17% less buying power than the Canadian dollar does today.
Even if you factor in the exchange rate at the time of purchase you'll still find that cars purchased in Canada are more expensive than if purchased in the U.S. It seems it has always been that way....and probably will continue to be that way.:mecry:

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
MSRP with the added options almost $38,560 ...package C with 20" BBS rims and every possible option...I've saved my build sheet...I got it out the door for a few grand less.

I just looked at a new SS today that was listed today for 34K and didn't have Leather or dual DVD and many other options. Of course dealerships are willing to give a little if you have a perfect credit rating. I bought mine in Sept 06'...back then dealerships couldn't keep em' in stock.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts