Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after looking for a while, I think I'm finally ready to jump to the FJ. I found a 2007 black FJ 4x4 (AT) with towing package, roof rack, and the oem sub in the back. Not sure of the other options. It has 21k miles on it. It is selling for $20,991 at a dealership (non-toyota, but a major dealership...not a tiny little car lot) near me. How great is this deal? Is there anything I should look for? Compared to the prices of others I've seen, this is a helluva deal. I just want to be sure that I'm not buying into a POS.

Outside looks flawless

Hopefully the OEM steering wheel looks ok...this leather wrap is TERRIBLE

·
FJ Expeditions R Us
4,084 Posts
Seems like a good deal to me! I've been searching Craigslist around the country and the '07s are going for around $23K.

Since it has a good bit of factory warranty remaining 36 on everything and 60 on powertrain, you have little to no risk. I'd check the maintenance records at Carfacts (SP?).

From your pic of the dash it appears to have the rear locker, atrac, etc.

I'd low ball them with an offer of $19K and see what their counter is...

cheers,

dale

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seems like a good deal to me! I've been searching Craigslist around the country and the '07s are going for around $23K.

Since it has a good bit of factory warranty remaining 36 on everything and 60 on powertrain, you have little to no risk. I'd check the maintenance records at Carfacts (SP?).

From your pic of the dash it appears to have the rear locker, atrac, etc.

I'd low ball them with an offer of $19K and see what their counter is...

cheers,

dale
Thanks for the quick response. Thats really what I was wanting to know...since the dealership is a collection of non-toyota dealerships, they didn't know much about it. They didn't even list any of the options on it, so I wasn't sure what was missing and what was there (besides the obvious 3 that I listed).

My plan is to trade in my 2002 Civic on it and ask for $14,500 out the door. :bigthumb: We'll see what happens.

·
Banned
2,984 Posts
I'd even go for $18,500 on the FJ, minus what your trade may be worth. Remember, "gas-gozzling SUV's" are on the way out! :D Use that phrase like they used it on the person that traded in the FJ....but in the end, what is the FJ worth to you?

BTW, I can't tell from the pics....how many miles are on the clock?

·
Registered
26 Posts
The price is comparable to the FJs I've seen around NC. The others are right, too. SUVs are not flying off the lots. The FJ itself is a niche vehicle, only certain people are looking for one if they are on the lot. The prior owner probably dumped it for a 30mpg grocery cart. Make a lower offer and work up from there. Be patient. It'll sit there until a buyer (you) comes along or they send it to the wholesale auction. I traded in an '05 Nissan Titan on mine. Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts