Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Just purchased a 2007 FJ, dealer said the key had some kind of engine immobilzer security. I read nothing in the owners manual about this. I'm thinking of purchasing the RS3200+ system, but would like to know if i have at least some protection without it.
Many thanks... ...S

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
My 2007 FJ didn't come with the chip in the key. To my knowledge no 2007 FJ's have the immobilizer via the key chip. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Nope, 2007 doesn't have it. You can see your key is plain, thin and typical size. Some Fjs have the interior motion sensor (VIP RS3200 Plus Alarm System).

e.g.: If you have your windows down in a parking lot and someone gets his hands inside the FJ, then the alarm will activate b/c the radar sensored motion inside the cabin. By knowing if you have that is by locating the button beneath the subwoofer button. If you dont have it, you can buy it separately. However doesnt makes the FJ have an engine immobilizer.

I dont see the real function of the immobilizer because I've noticed vehicles with that features being stolen at the shopping mall.

·
Premium Member
13,801 Posts
There is no chip in the key, somewhere in one of the threads (can't remember which) I posted a picture of my FJ key that I had cut open. Nothing but plastic and a metal insert.

·
Registered
191 Posts
yeah definitely no immobilzer in the 07'...trade it in for an 08' or i'm sure any decent car audio/alarm company could install something comparable, even disguise a simple kill switch if that is what you are looking for most. factory setups are the best because they typically arent "hacked" in, so make sure you either trust the installer or have seen their work. bottom line...salesman lied to you!!

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Is therean easy way to verify that you have a chip'd key?
..>S
My wifes 2001 Nissan Pathfinder SE has the immobilizer. Her ignition key has a chip in it. It is noticable by a blue strip on the top of the key.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts