Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
THIS FJ IS NOW LIST ON EBAY. SEE LINK BELOW.
THE ABS CODE HAS BEEN FIXED (THANKS TO THIS FORUM!)--IT WAS A STUPID BRAKE SWITCH AFTER ALL :)
See full description and additional pictures on my ebay listing
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-Toyota-FJ-Cruiser/263308932137?hash=item3d4e6f7429:g:Ou4AAOSwHNxaA0Jt&vxp=mtr

It took me a long while, but I am finally ready to put my "baby" up for sale. This FJ is not being used the way I really want to anymore. With kids growing up and two properties I simply don't have time to enjoy this car, but I am still paying registration and insurance. Same reason I sold my boat earlier this summer.

The truck has been sitting mostly on the driveway lately with occasional camping trips, trips to Home Depot, boat towing--thus it has only 82K mile. This FJ has been my primary commuter for the first few years after I bought it, but not for the past 6 years or so, that's why the mileage is so low. But I have sold my boat and the last off road trip I did in this truck was more than a few years ago :( I mean I even forgot the login to this forum and had to re-register.

Anyway, let's get to the real cool stuff. Based on the thread title I am hoping the potential buyer can conclude that this is a very serious vehicle. I had built this truck for trails and it served me well! Everything was done by me (and me only, never trust anybody else touch my car). I believe in timely oil changes for both engine and the drive train parts, so I took care of those on regular basis.

MAJOR MODIFICATIONS (no time to list everything):

-Snorkel (i think that's an obvious based pictures)
-Icon suspension with 2.5" shocks w/remotes on the front, 3" lift height
-Icon long travel suspension in the rear. I am amazed with the rear wheel travel with this suspension!
-1.25" Body Lift
- All Pro Front Upper Control Arms
-Heavy duty All Pro rear control arms and traction bar
-Sitting on 35" BFG KM2 tires with plenty of tread (see pic)
-4.88 Gears in the diffs to move those 35" tires. This was done by East Coast Gears.
-4.7 Marliln Crawler Inchworm Lefty Transfer Case: 4.7 Low Range Gearing, 30 Spline Front/Rear Output shafts. My FJ has amazing crawling speed and control. It easily crawls over rocks on idle speed only, without me touching the clutch or the gas pedal.
-Transfer case has a twin stick setup. This is not a AWD vehicle anymore, it's 4x4. You can engage Low Range without engaging 4HI--this comes in very handy some times. The way I have this done is that you can engage the Rear Diff Locker in 4HI only (as well as in 4LOW).
-BTW, I also replaced the clutch when I dropped the tranny to do the transfer case :). that was approx 30K miles ago.
-Full front to rear Ricochet under armor
-Bud's rear diff high clearance protection
-Demello Front hoop bumper with 12K Titan winch, synthetic line
-All Pro HD Sliders

The truck is in a great mechanical shape (however, it does have a few pin stripes on the body, not gonna lie about it) and ready to be used as a daily driver or for special off road trips--whichever you like!

The Bad (yes, unfortunately, but hope not a big deal). She is currently pulling a C1223 code, which is a general ABS malfunction. It's been doing it for a while. Then I read the codes when I decided to sell it and it also showed a Front Left ABS cable, and a Front Left Speed Sensor. I bought those parts and replaced both (stupid sensor was almost $200 bucks). So now those two are gone, but C1223 is still there. There's another cable that goes from the cable that I replaced to the brake booster, that might be the one causing the problem...

I don't have time to troubleshoot this further (I simply don't drive this truck enough for additional code indications to trigger), so I'll make the price real appealing to make sure there's plenty of margin to the potential buyer to fix this code :). Remember, the truck has only 82K miles on it. My registration is up end of the year and I am not going to renew it, so want the truck sold.

ASKING Price: $14K

Let's see if I can figure out the picture posting part:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I know. Can't believe it myself :). But it's time to move on! NOW somebody please help me sell this babe and find a new owner who will take good care of her :). I am not a facebook person, but please let the world know!

·
Registered
5,350 Posts
I would think for that price and all those mods it would be gone in a flash. :) GLWS

Reactions: FJX2000

·
4-Corners Moderator
5,240 Posts
Good luck with the sale! Seems like the price your selling it for is for just the FJ or for just the mods put into it, the fact that you get both is a great deal for the future owner!

·
Registered
2007 FJC 4x4.
9,939 Posts
Such a stupid good deal. Have it buffed for $300, get a free bumper from someone, and get your 22K out of it.

Or someone else buy it and do so lol

Reactions: Sandyfjc
1 - 9 of 9 Posts