Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

1st time posting.

Its time for new 3rd Member, tires and brakes I've been researching many items and I think I've developed my strategy for upgrades, but I would like to seek the advise of my fellow FJ owners.

FJ stats:
2007 TRD SE
Bone stock

My thoughts on setup:
- Reman 3rd member for East Coast Gear Supply
- BS 5100s adjustable shock on 2nd or 3rd notch
- BFG KO2, 285/75x16
- OEM Pads and rotors

It is my daily driver and some wheeling/woods on the weekends.

Questions
- Any concerns for rubbing?
- Any Pavement performance decline over stock trd shock setup?
- Should I request any thing additional to ECG on the 3rd member? Cross drilled flang?
- Seems like OEM brakes are great, but how about TRD pads? Worth the extra $?

If anyone has this setup on the stock 16inch trd wheels, I'd love to see some Pics

· I Have a V-8!! Moderator
77,418 Posts
Welcome!

· Registered
403 Posts
Welcome from Colorado!
Post a picture. Some IMO thoughts.

- get some nerf bars/rock rails
- BFGs are popular. I had them, same size, no rubbing on my prior FJ. Plan on putting them on current, but closer
To 33" rAther than 31") - have a lift
- check out the thread on $200 or less upgrades (LED interior lights are popular)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Premium Member
17,677 Posts
Welcome aboard!

· Premium Member
971 Posts
Welcome from Georgia!

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank so for the advice. Did you have any lift to clear the tires with out rubbing? I'm afraid my stock coils have settled and I'll rub in full turn.

· Premium Member
2007 FJ Cruiser TRD SE, and a 2019 4Runner TRD Premium
547 Posts
Welcome, I like you're pick of FJ's. I've owned mine since 2007. I am sure you love it and you're son will to. I went with a 3" OME lift before going with 285/75/16's BFG KO's But now it's time for some knew tires. Going to try some Nitto's trail grappler MT's in 285/75/16's been reading good things about them.

· Premium Member
2,228 Posts
Welcome! Looks like you've taken great care of your FJ. There's always a chance that you might get some rubbing when you modify. I went to a 3" lift and 285s with no rub, but I was really close to my UCAs. So I added spacers which caused rubbing on the Body mount. The BMC is a fairly easy project to tackle if/when the time comes. It's an endless cycle!

· Registered
10,435 Posts
Welcome

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.