421 - 440 of 457 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
Re: Official Ouray Photo Thread

So on Ophir pass there was a dog who led a previous group down the back side. We just thought he was a lost dog. It turns out he loves to lead groups down the pass. He met us at the top and was our trail guide on the way back down. He would actually wait for us if we stopped, run ahead, and then he would "point" if there was another rig coming around a blind corner. I've never seen anything like it.

Did anyone else run into the Trail Dog of Ophir Pass?

Of course he did take a break for a drink and a bath. That's Shadow Warrior in front.

Nice Dragon,

Glad you got some nice shots of our Ophir Trail Dog.

Great!

·
Emeritus Moderator
6,484 Posts

Thanks Andrew for posting, did you ever find a place to fly your planes? It was great meeting you and will see you next year:) I loved the Lab that took Point on the trail, he was really amazing, staying about 50 yards out in front, then stoping at a blind corner, leting me know that another vehicle was coming, truly amazing...:D

·
Registered
5,424 Posts

We were talking about the different trails up there at work a couple of days ago. One of our pilots hikes a lot up there. He told of a dog that led them down a foot path for a few miles. Then when they set up camp for the evening the dog figured his (or her) work was done and turned for home, back towards Ophir.

Hope to meet this dog some day.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts

Here are some of the picts that we took up in Ouray.

·
Registered
27 Posts

And some more...

Returning from Last Dollar Road via Ridgway:

Below the falls on Black Bear Pass:

The summit of Mount Evans, highest paved road in the U.S. :

The overlook just before Engineer Pass:

·
Registered
32 Posts

Pictures, pictures, pictures!!!

I see Sun Fusion :pinklove:

Crazy day on Imogene

Tom Boy Basin

Black Bear at the waterfall

Yankee Boy Basin

Puddles

Our group shot

·
Premium Member
9,009 Posts

very nice pics!!!
Dan You and Jessa better be at next years summit

:)
I hope you guys have some time to go wheeling again soon
Thanks
Don

·
Premium Member
9,009 Posts

Tuesday Morning After the summit weekend 5:00 AM. I got up to organize the truck and had to park in the alley next to the Best Western because the parking lot was full of Jeeps and things. I heard a noise and 10 feet away from me is bambi walking toward the dumpster. Got my camera to show the more cultured side of Ouray. I suppose they must replace the dogs and cats we see elsewhere.

[/IMG]

·
Registered
2,823 Posts

TrAiLbUsTy1, nice photos! Looks like y'all had a great time.
I took some of them, TrAiLbUsTy had a broken ankle during the event but I'm her apprentice.... so I can't take much credit, she's taught me everything I know:pinklove: Sky your photos are amazing also, loving them:D

·
Registered
5,424 Posts

Tuesday Morning After the summit weekend 5:00 AM. I got up to organize the truck and had to park in the alley next to the Best Western because the parking lot was full of Jeeps and things. I heard a noise and 10 feet away from me is bambi walking toward the dumpster. Got my camera to show the more cultured side of Ouray. I suppose they must replace the dogs and cats we see elsewhere.

[/IMG]
Twice I saw a doe passing my hotel. Then on the walk back from the Beergrden I saw some young ladies stopped looking. Then from around a hous ecame a buck. Four, maybe five points. Acouple of minutes later came the doe and a cat. The buck even ate out of ones hand

Strange thing... this house had a sign posted from the city stating that there were no dogs allowed on the premise.

·
Registered
255 Posts

·
Emeritus Moderator
6,484 Posts

I just made this thread a "Sticky" it should have been made one along time ago. This is the Forums Biggest Event every year, the pics from it should always be where everyone can find them. :)

·
Premium Member
8,355 Posts

first time I saw these. thank you very much for posting!!

421 - 440 of 457 Posts