Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
So I noticed a very small drip coming from bottom of the radiator today. So now I have a Couple of questions first can anybody know where I can find The best price for a OEM replacement. Also, I watched a video where the person performing the replacement removed the fan and the shroud, is it possible to just replace the radiator and not remove these items? Seems to me there would be enough room to leave those things in place but I have no idea thanks for your advice guys and gals. 馃憢

Registered
OP radiator lasted 13 years and I doubt his FJ ever overheated. I wonder how that compares to the fancy after market.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Registered
Can you just take it to a radiator repair shop. They could do the repair and pressure test it and you would be good to go :)

Registered
And Rock Auto has them at a bargain basement price, according to this thread- Radiator leak?

Along with getting it repaired, the OP has his pick.
OP radiator lasted 13 years and I doubt his FJ ever overheated. I wonder how that compares to the fancy after market.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Registered
I just replaced the radiator. To answer your questions. You are going to have to remove the Fan and clutch assembly, the Fan Shroud, the overflow tank. The replacement is straightforward. My only advice is to be careful with the radiator studs, the bottoms can be a pain to get back in if they fall out. I put the CSF radiator in. No complaints. You will have a chance to replace anything worn on the front of the engine. I replaced the radiator, water pump, thermostat, hoses, fan and clutch, heater hoses, belt, and all pulleys. 160k 2007 FJ 4x4

Registered
Also have some bolts and some tape handy you can put into the ATF lines on the drivers side of the radiator. When you remove them put the clean bolts into the hose and tape them in place. This will prevent a bunch of ATF from leaking out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts