Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

2007 SE Gun Metal Wheels

729 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Sanderhawk 
#1 ·
So.. I don't know what is rumor and what is fact but I've been wanting a set of these for my 2010 Black FJ since I bought her last November.. I was told through research and mostly on this forum things like, "They can't be had, buy mine for $2000." Or "They're only available with a SE 2007 VIN # and even then you have to show proof that yours are destroyed by bringing in the fragments covered in blood to the dealership." Etc...

Anyway.. I've considered buying used and have even seen a few sets come and go in the For Sale section from anywhere from $1100-$2000. This was frustrating seeing as you can get a set of 5 in silver for $625. There is no difference between these wheels aside from color... So to pay an extra $500-$1500 for a different color strikes me as absurd.. And unacceptable.

Anyway, in my somewhat constant search I located a Toyota dealership in Houston Texas that will sell them for $75 over MSRP ($225)... Retail price is $150 and that information can be found anywhere. So.. this rubbed me the wrong way and I moved on... That was about 2 months ago..

Fast forward... I called my local dealership about a week ago to make an appointment to have a window seal replaced and for kicks asked for the service department. I gave the guy the part number for the Gun Metal wheels, (PT904-35071) and asked if he had them. It took him a minute before he came back and said, "Yeah, we don't have them in stock but I can have them for you in two days for $150 a piece. If you buy a set, I'll give you 10% off." Needless to say I was blown away...

This reminds me of something I've heard over and over in my life.. Don't accept something as a fact until you have seen it proven to be one.. If you spend your life accepting that which you hear without proof, you end up a shmuck with no Gun Metal wheels.

So... I guess the moral of the story is this... Hopefully I won't have to keep hearing people go on and on about the mythical rarity of these wheels AND perhaps people will stop trying to sell their used sets for exorbitant prices.

Call your dealer if you want some... And order them.. If he can't get them for you... call mine...

See less See more
#2 ·
Right on I`m glad you got them. #1 RULE I have learned on this forum and others is that 99% of the people here don`t have a clue what they are talking about. There are a few I trust their opinion but for the most part people here go by hear say only ( the band wagon effect ) If I hear about something i`m interested in I just do a little homework and get it for a great price. Post up pics when you got them on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.