Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been searching threads and not seeing anything that is specific to my question. I am not trying to create a monster sound system. I mainly listen to talk radio and bluegrass. I am actually ok with the sound as is.... enough so that I dont want to start adding speakers, amp, etc... My goal is more functionality than the factory system.

NEEDS:
1. bluetooth
2.USB that I can play music from or hard drive i can store Mp3 on.

Wants but not Required:
1. would be nice to also have display screen that could show video for my son to watch on long trips.
2.Back up cam would be nice but probably more trouble than worth as far as paying to install?
3. It would be really nice to find something that fits the existing space as is. I dont want something that is odd fitting and looks out of place after the conversion kit is installed.
4. some sort of security, ie.. head removal or what ever else would deter theft?

anyone have any recommendations or links that seem to fit the requirements/wants?

appreciate any help!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Many opitons and experts here. I went to Crutchfield and installed a Kenwood DVD head unit with bluetooth, back up (and front) camera, phone, USB input and satellite radio. I could not be happier with the upgrade. Crutchfield supplied all the harnesses and adapter to make it fit. Very easy and my best upgrade.

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
x2 with @brobert225 above on going with Crutchfield on the head unit replacement.

Go with Kenwood, Pioneer, Sony, or Alpine and you can't go wrong.

Change your speakers while you're at it. Trust me on this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts