Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I like the interior as well, did a decent job staying with the original look with a modern twist, IMO. I would like to know where the navigation system they talk about is suppose to go however.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I like the nice interior. Looks like there's a nice installation location for a 10" Widescreen monitor on the passenger side dash. Of course it will be use for a backup camera. :p

·
Registered
18 Posts
It's hard to be all-techno or all-retro on this subject. Myself, I'm drooling over the possibility of a cool third-party (Garmin? Magellan? Tom Tom?) GPS system in or on the dash.

However, I'd just as soon do without power windows and power locks. They are not a convenience, they are just something that can be expensive when they break.

If the GPS breaks, I can just close the lid and pretend that I don't have one... :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
That little lid on top of the dash looks really flimsy. Does anyone know if the "optional GPS" is going to be on a motor that raises the unit up so that it's visible? If not, and that lid just pops up, you're not going to be able to see sh*t on the GPS screen! Hopefully they'll address that issue.

·
Registered
10 Posts
SR71-FJ said:
That little lid on top of the dash looks really flimsy. Does anyone know if the "optional GPS" is going to be on a motor that raises the unit up so that it's visible? If not, and that lid just pops up, you're not going to be able to see sh*t on the GPS screen! Hopefully they'll address that issue.

I'm sure Toyota will borrow the idea from the Lexus IS 300 nav sys.

·
Registered
181 Posts
dmoore said:
However, I'd just as soon do without power windows and power locks. They are not a convenience, they are just something that can be expensive when they break.

Those things may break on Audi's and other european and american cars but with all the Toyota's I've owned, and I've owned quite a few, I have never had a power window or lock stop working. To me this is a non-issue and I would much rather be able to open the passenger window without getting into an accident trying to lean over and roll it down. Also reaching over to unlock the passenger side for people to get in gets old too. (BTW the window motor that I had to replace on a nissan was simple and cheap)

I want a utility vehicle not an archaic one.

·
Official Field Agent
1,146 Posts
much as i would like to disagree with toybox (i want manual windows etc) my 88 4runner came loaded (i bought it used and got a good price, so i can live with the fufu stuff) and the power windows,locks, mirrors, cruise etc all still work fine. the AC even blew colder than my wife's 04 matrix until i had it drained and converted it to an air compressor. Definately not going to be a reliability issue on the FJ Cruiser.

·
Registered
6 Posts
ToyBox said:
Those things may break on Audi's and other european and american cars but with all the Toyota's I've owned, and I've owned quite a few, I have never had a power window or lock stop working. To me this is a non-issue and I would much rather be able to open the passenger window without getting into an accident trying to lean over and roll it down. Also reaching over to unlock the passenger side for people to get in gets old too. (BTW the window motor that I had to replace on a nissan was simple and cheap)

I want a utility vehicle not an archaic one.
I agree. Once you have had power windows and locks, you simply cannot do without them. :D

·
Registered
142 Posts
Why could they have gone with the concept interior????? This interior is lame... They could have at least gone those awesome gauges.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
elemint said:
Why could they have gone with the concept interior????? This interior is lame... They could have at least gone those awesome gauges.
Think production cost and a desire to keep it LOW!

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
elemint said:
arent you the one who posted about the other older fj forum? what would make the interior not lame? i think it looks fine. if you dont like it - buy the truck and gut the interior and customize it - or are you just a whiner who wants everything perfectly the way you want but only want to pay 20k? i myself am planning on ripping the seats out and placing customs in there, tinting the windows - ****,...i may even get a new paint job on the thing. i dunno. i want my base model 4x4, "convenience" and upgrade #1 package out the door for around 27k - anymore than that and im probably not going to get one - unless i really dig it when i see it in LA. but to my main point - wha wha wha, stop whining and go back to your 'older' forum. we eat our young on this board.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
It's true, I ate three yesterday.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Anyone notice that the audio controls are on the left side of the steering wheel...is it me or would the right side be more convenient for most?

·
Registered
552 Posts
Errr, that's a right brain thing. If it was on the other side you would crash. Actually I have no clue but think about that the left hand/right brain (creative side) or the right hand left brain (analytical side).

Useless info:
This theory of the structure and functions of the mind suggests that the two different sides of the brain control two different "modes" of thinking. It also suggests that each of us prefers one mode over the other.
Discussion
Experimentation has shown that the two different sides, or hemispheres, of the brain are responsible for different manners of thinking. The following table illustrates the differences between left-brain and right-brain thinking:

Left Brain Right Brain
Logical Random
Sequential Intuitive
Rational Holistic
Analytical Synthesizing
Objective Subjective
Looks at parts Looks at wholes

·
Registered
46 Posts
mappelman said:
Errr, that's a right brain thing. If it was on the other side you would crash. Actually I have no clue but think about that the left hand/right brain (creative side) or the right hand left brain (analytical side).

Useless info:
This theory of the structure and functions of the mind suggests that the two different sides of the brain control two different "modes" of thinking. It also suggests that each of us prefers one mode over the other.

So in this train of thought the truely gifted (or twisted) can turn the music up with the left hand on the steering wheel and down with the right hand with the ginormous knob on the dash.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts