Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
The truly gifted can and will buy an auto trannie, eat fast food with right hand hold cell phone in left shoulder, and drink in left hand, all the while steering with knees and giving a surf report while not watching the road. Anyone else done it..... who will admit it? Except the surf report part.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
mappelman said:
The truly gifted can and will buy an auto trannie, eat fast food with right hand hold cell phone in left shoulder, and drink in left hand, all the while steering with knees and giving a surf report while not watching the road. Anyone else done it..... who will admit it? Except the surf report part.
add a cigarette and you got me about 10 years ago - minus the surf report

·
Registered
228 Posts
I actually read this entire thread while rubbing my stomach and patting myself on the head. What do you have to say to that?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Interior shots finally available!

Yeah, how strange that there is no Nav system. But if you look at the vehicle's price, you understand why. I have the top of the line Magellan in my Tundra right now and you can be assured that it'll find its place in my new FJ somewhere. Incidently, the pics posted are shot with a wide angle. I went to the LA auto show and you have to be a bit of a contorsionist to get in there. Otherwise it has the high-quality fit n' finish which are the hallmark of all Toyotas.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Sound controls on the steering wheel

Oh, Bobbi,
The sound controls on the left side of the steering wheel are so ergonomic! I have that in the Tundra and passengers ask me what makes the radio volume go lower when my cell rings. Ahhh! If there even knew that I do that with my left thumb.
Anyway. Imagine you cruisin' along, left arm out the window, left hand gently resting on the steering wheel... Hence the controls there for the left-hand drive.
Only drawback: when you hit your horn hard in an emergency, you change your radio station. A bummer if you're in the middle of an NPR report!

·
Registered
24 Posts
12get12 said:
I like the nice interior. Looks like there's a nice installation location for a 10" Widescreen monitor on the passenger side dash. Of course it will be use for a backup camera. :p
If you live in the Souteast, the dealers offer a backup camera in the rear view mirror. It turns on when you put the vehicle in reverse and disappears when in drive. It works great and it's in color.:)

·
Registered
2,008 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
bobbi said:
Anyone notice that the audio controls are on the left side of the steering wheel...is it me or would the right side be more convenient for most?
Not unless you're left handed. Imagine this....your cellphone rings and your tunes are cranked. Doesn't it make sense when you're holding your cell phone with your right hand, you can turn down the volume with your left?

·
Registered
163 Posts
bobbi said:
Anyone notice that the audio controls are on the left side of the steering wheel...is it me or would the right side be more convenient for most?
not if you get the 6-speed...

·
Official Field Agent
1,146 Posts
Pocket Twinkie said:
Not unless you're left handed. Imagine this....your cellphone rings and your tunes are cranked. Doesn't it make sense when you're holding your cell phone with your right hand, you can turn down the volume with your left?
soo, your'e one of Those people, eh? now we see your'e true colors come out...:p

·
Registered
206 Posts
ToyBox said:
Those things may break on Audi's and other european and american cars but with all the Toyota's I've owned, and I've owned quite a few, I have never had a power window or lock stop working...
Well, the power back window in the early 90s 4runners is notorious for breaking. I've experienced this myself, hoping mine keeps working till I trade it for an FJ...:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have mine on order already. I will get it the beginning of May. It is silver and has everything in it. I when I say everything I mean everything. I cant wait to get it.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts