Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have my hands on a Toyota publication to internal employees that has confirmed a few specifications for the FJ Cruiser, and it includes the available colors. The Specs are as follows:

Powertrain
Engine: 4.0-liter V6
Horsepower: 241
Torque: 279 lb.-ft.
Transmission: 5-speed automatic; available 6-speed manual (4x4)

Dimensions and Capacities
Seating Capacity: 5
Overall Length: 177.6 in.
Overall Width: 74.6 in.
Overall Height: 70.9 in.
Wheelbase: 105.9 in.
Ground Clearance: 9.6 in.
Towing Capacity: 5,000 lbs.

Wheels: 17-inch black steel; available 17-inch aluminum alloy
Tires: P265/70 R17 and full-size spare

Available Colors
Sun Fusion
Black Diamond
Black Cherry
Titanium Metallic
Voodoo Blue

Here are images from the publication, click the thumbnails for full size images.

·
Registered
1 Posts
eKool,

Thanks for the tip. A post will be appearing on www.autoblog.com around 5PM EST (10/30) about the prelim specs of the FJ. Hopefully you can get the whole document up before then here because I imagine some traffic will be headed your way.

Thanks again and keep us in the loop info comes your way.

Regards,

John Neff
Editor, Autoblog.com

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thread has been updated and now contains images. Couldnt get my hands on a flatbed scanner, so the digicam had to suffice.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Doesn't it look like in the fourth thumbnail that the rear window extends up onto the top portion of the back? This seems to be different compared to the other photos I've seen. Can someone clear that up.

Also the post on the autoblog site speculates that Black Diamond will be white, I was under the impression that it would be black. Any insight on that?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Ever since I saw the fj concept, I gobbled up any data I could find regarding this vehicle. The website is great.

I'm curious to see what the actual colors will look like, as I'm sure a lot of people are. Roofs - White only? Or body color? ...guess we'll have to wait and see.

·
Registered
294 Posts
csherrill said:
Doesn't it look like in the fourth thumbnail that the rear window extends up onto the top portion of the back? This seems to be different compared to the other photos I've seen. Can someone clear that up.

that is a photo of the concept from 2003, which had a different rear window.

·
Registered
22 Posts
therealdeal said:
How recent is this information? Some of the images appear to be the concept and some of the specs are similar to what Toyota has already released. Not complaining- glad to get any info I can- just wondering if it may already be dated.
You're absolutely right. Some of the images used are from the concept and are not product correct.

·
Official Field Agent
1,146 Posts
did any of you see the little notation on the bottom of page 4 of the posted pamphlet?

"The 2007 FJ Cruiser arrives at Toyota dealerships in March 2006"

At least thats a "definate" release date...

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Cool, at first they were rumoring February. March gives us another month to come up with a bigger down payment.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I am hoping the FJ Cruiser will be available in the old FJ40 tan/beige color. Any rumors that this will be available?

This is the color I want to order for my FJ!!!

·
Registered
124 Posts
YES!-------That's the one!------TOYOTA must release this color.------That would look insane on the FJ--------That's the color to hold out for!

·
Official Field Agent
1,146 Posts
Screw the color, I want the 40! That thing is beautiful!

·
Registered
390 Posts
I agree!!! You may like these as well...

Toyota should use these rims as standard equipment on the new FJ, not the black steel ones I heard will be standard.

Yes, she isn't bad either...

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
I think the yellow is pretty close to that yellow. I like it... I like a lot.

Reactions: cruiseaway
1 - 20 of 21 Posts