Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 40 of 202 Posts

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
I did in fact have a good holiday, but I'd trade it all for the news we got today! THANK YOU TOYOTA. THANK YOU VERY, VERY MUCH!

·
Registered
138 Posts
SO, please correct me if I'm wrong, but in order to get a 4x4 auto with a rear locker, would it cost: 23,300 + 1840 + 2580 = 27,720? Then, adding on the $60 for the sub, tax, docs, etc. I'm thinking we're looking at approx. $30,500 OTD. Is that about right?

·
Registered
11 Posts
eelson is right. The price seems OK at first glance, BUT when you add it all up it will go past $30k real easy. The $27,720 noted by eelson does not include a towing package, or side airbags, both musts for me. With those, we may be talking almost $29k before TTL. If the dealers are greedy, and with a few other little add ons, I see $31k easily showing up on stickers at dealerships. After looking at $30k plus Tacoma's over the last year, I suppose I am not really that surprised. Guess I am not as excited about the pricing as others...

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Understand JJGittes. For me personally, I'm more relieved than excited about the pricing. Now I can get some additional toys for mine that I might have gone w/o had the pricing come in a little higher. And it's nice to see the folks that wanted a sub $25K vehicle still have a chance. That is if they actually deliver any that are under $25K this year.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I think Toyota has done well in offering an extremely low base price, but creatively packaged options to reach the more realistic $30K number. Regardless, I'm still amazed and excited not to see a mid to high $30's, like a lot of people expected. The fully loaded price still puts it lower than a 4Runner, and it'll be a more capable and fun verhicle to drive. Woohoo!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Liv Hard said:
Would anybody know when this machine will be available for us
Canucks up north?
My contact from Oakville dealership said they would know FJ prices sometime in March, so I assume we're looking at mid-spring to actually see and try FJ. I'm also hoping Toyota would show FJ at the Toronto autoshow next month.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Well, we should all know the full story by next week.(USA Sales) I'm not sure if anyone posted this but at the bottom of the Dealer Letter it says:

Please see the 2007 FJ Cruiser price guides for a complete list of available options, details and prices.

Pricing Summary Documents:
The following documents will be posted in the "Secure Area" for dealer principals in Dealer Daily on the week of Jan 9th, 2006:

* '07-0 FJ Cruiser Price Guides
No mention of accessories but at least we will know the stand alone options and pricing.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
bobbi said:
Base Price MSRP

* 4x4 Automatic - $21,710 correction: 4x2 Automatic
* 4x4 Manual - $22,890
* 4x4 Automatic - $23,300

correction: 4x2 Automatic
Corrected, thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here in New york I doubt you will see one under 31K!
The low base price means nada once you start tacking on options, and don't forget the dreaded dealer installed pinstriping...that could add agrand up here!

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
kingmoonracer said:
Here in New york I doubt you will see one under 31K!
The low base price means nada once you start tacking on options, and don't forget the dreaded dealer installed pinstriping...that could add agrand up here!
Here's one thing to keep in mind.. alot of times you may see a dealer advertise a vehicle at a very low base price and you go to the lot and they obviously dont have that "stripped down model" on the lot and try to sell you on something else.

By law, they are required to order you that exact advertised model at the advertised price if you want it.

My friends uncle used to get full size ram trucks for like $11k -- they had rubber floors, AM/FM knob radios, no power anything, etc. but he got a good price on it :)

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
good luck with those low ball advertisers. on the ads i've seen they always put how many are available - in fine print - and it's usually just one. it depends on state and local laws too.

i want to be a kingmoonracer, whatever that is.

·
Registered
15 Posts
goleafs said:
My contact from Oakville dealership said they would know FJ prices sometime in March, so I assume we're looking at mid-spring to actually see and try FJ. I'm also hoping Toyota would show FJ at the Toronto autoshow next month.

Thanks for the reply.
I think that they may have showed the FJ at the Toronto Auto Show last year because Toronto Auto Show website www.autoshow.ca displays a photo of the vehicle. I was at the show last year and for some reason I missed seeing it. This year the FJ will be there. As far as pricing goes even a loaded FJ may be under 30K CDN not including taxes and stuff. I'll have to check up on what the insurrance is for this baby as well. I'm leaning towards either the colour silver which is my first choice or black. What colour are you thinking?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Liv Hard said:
Thanks for the reply.
I was at the show last year and for some reason I missed seeing it. This year the FJ will be there.
I was there last year too, but don't recall seeing any FJ (maybe it's just my memory).

Liv Hard said:
As far as pricing goes even a loaded FJ may be under 30K CDN not including taxes and stuff.
I hope you're right, but I don't think so. Check this out, RAV4 base - 20,300 USD vs. 28,700 CAD; 4Runner base - 29,910 USD vs. 39,960 CAD. Applying the same pricing logic to FJ would give you ~32-33K CAD for the base 4X4 model.

·
Registered
15 Posts
goleafs said:
I was there last year too, but don't recall seeing any FJ (maybe it's just my memory).

I hope you're right, but I don't think so. Check this out, RAV4 base - 20,300 USD vs. 28,700 CAD; 4Runner base - 29,910 USD vs. 39,960 CAD. Applying the same pricing logic to FJ would give you ~32-33K CAD for the base 4X4 model.

Damn
I thought it was a simple case of converting the US dollar to CDN dollars
but I guess it doesn't work that way. I'm surprised.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Liv Hard said:
Damn
I thought it was a simple case of converting the US dollar to CDN dollars
but I guess it doesn't work that way. I'm surprised.
It sucks, I know, but what can you do?
World of Wheels had an exelent article about USD/CAD prices last May and you can still read it online at
http://www.wheels.ca/features/may_05_compare.php

and yeah, my color would definitely be silver...

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
I wish we knew. End of February, end of March sometime... Just about enough time left to save up a healthy down payment.

21 - 40 of 202 Posts