Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Noticed that an H3 came in first and a Ridgeline came in 2nd. Not bad.

·
Registered
911 Posts
I was stationed at mile 25 and on Friday during the pre-run there was a big hill with some holes, and there was a bypass, (this was out of our viewing range), and team neccesary took this bypass on the pre-running, so we put a couple of wrong way sings, and wala, only 1 truck took the bypass, The FJ almost took the bypass but it didn't so i got to see them close, sorry Kevin, but i had to see you guys!! :rocker:

BTW The baja was a blast :cheers:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Not a bad finish. They have had some bad luck in the couple races. Glad to see them finish well. Go FJs!:rocker:

·
Premium Member
16,569 Posts
Nice to hear about Team Necessary finishing so well this time.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Congrats to team neccessary!!!:cheers::clap: Yeah go FJs!!!:rocker:

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
Those guys try so damn hard. After watching their dissappointment in Topo you can tell how their attitiudes have changed since their inaugural Baja run. They're really getting serious about it now. Good for them.

·
Registered
53 Posts
i have the taupo race on dvd, what a great race, it cool to just see them casually driving fj though city traffic like any other car and the looks from people they were getting

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
For the many people that never recieved their mini die-cast FJ's, Toyota should send out the Team Necessary FJ's to them.:clap:

·
Registered
291 Posts
Dont get me wrong i really think these guys deserve a great finish. However if you look there were only 4 trucks in their class and the 4th didnt finish the race.

i watched the baja from last year and the topo race, these guys have to get a win soon. They are trying to dam hard not to.

·
Premium Member
6,921 Posts
Dont get me wrong i really think these guys deserve a great finish. However if you look there were only 4 trucks in their class and the 4th didnt finish the race.

i watched the baja from last year and the topo race, these guys have to get a win soon. They are trying to dam hard not to.
The biggest competition when racing in Baja is Baja it self. Thats why you see almost every year only 50% of the racers actually finishing. Finishing it is the first step after you do that then you worry about the other trucks. Its not like going around a oval 200 times in a supped up car, in off road the race course fights back.

They've come along way from that first race.

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
I just watched two roads to baja and taupo and Team Necessary won me over..... Congrats guys!

·
Registered
911 Posts
If you see a lot of the interviews from the drivers, their number one priority is to actually finish the race, so just finishing its a great accomplishment for many race teams..

The thing with the Baja is that you will not go thru a turn or jump a second time, you might go thru a section the opposite way like the 500, but still, you basically never go thru a rock twice, every second of the race is different so only the best survive.

Lets hope that he make it to the 1000 and actually finish it this time. :cheers:

·
Registered
291 Posts
Dont get me wrong guys, i really am rooting for Team Necessary. Anytime a team on a shoe string budget can come in and compete with high dollar race teams is great. I wish it happened more often.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts