Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Fellas,

I've been looking for nicely used FJ for some time and came across a 2008 FJ in White with only 22,000 miles. List price is $23,900 on a dealer lot. The price point seems about right and/or competitive compared to what's out there.

My question is do you see any negotiating room with this price? FJ's seem to hold value pretty well so most used FJ's haven't been far off from that price point. There doesn't seem to be any incentives for buying a new FJ...only all other toyotas...however I'm not too far off on price with buying new. I would like to keep the price point close to $20k as possible. Thoughts?

Cotton

·
Premium Member
2,125 Posts
Hello Fellas,

I've been looking for nicely used FJ for some time and came across a 2008 FJ in White with only 22,000 miles. List price is $23,900 on a dealer lot. The price point seems about right and/or competitive compared to what's out there.

My question is do you see any negotiating room with this price? FJ's seem to hold value pretty well so most used FJ's haven't been far off from that price point. There doesn't seem to be any incentives for buying a new FJ...only all other toyotas...however I'm not too far off on price with buying new. I would like to keep the price point close to $20k as possible. Thoughts?

Cotton
Its a good price! anything is nogitiable, but its comes down to demand in that specific area(can the dealer sell it fast) and the salesman/ sales manager willing to deal. Being used and depending on what it was traded in for I bet they only have 17 in it. If you pre approve through you back or lending company and walk in with 20gs on a check.. You might walk out the Door with a FJ!:rocker:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. FJ is located in NY. I'm going to check with Toyota's finance dept. to see how their rates stack up against my personal bank. My plan is to start at $20k and find a happy place with the dealer.

·
Premium Member
2,125 Posts
its really going ot fall on if they have had it awhile and if alot of people have looked at it? Or if very few have?
Good luck and Post pics if you get it!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No White in 08? It's not a TT as far as I can tell. The color looks true from the pics and appears to be stock. It's an off white color with reg. white top. Looks like I'll be asking for the "carfax"

·
Premium Member
2,125 Posts
I would strongly suggest paying the 44$ for the Car fax report.. Takes 5 minutes on line and it will tell you alot! I did it on my own vehicle.. It reported a drivablity issue the dealer fixed( bad tire) just after they recieved it! told me when it was recieved, all work done in the 10 months it sat on the lot, and everything! good to know info!

·
Registered
179 Posts
It sounds like a sandstorm.

Cream color with white top.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You're correct, it's Sandstorm...looks similar to white. It's been a toss up between that color and black for me. It's unique looking, don't see too many around.

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
If it was a TT the price would be pretty good. Being that it is not a TT, I would think closer to 20 would be a better price.:cheers:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts