Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 172 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok all you chili freaks out there. Do you have the recipe to end all recipes? The hottest, most unique, all around best chili in the world? Well, it's time to show it off. The cook-off will take place on Wednesday the 16th in the parking lot of the Best Western. Official Judging will be at 700(1900). Not too many rules, just one really; your chili must be ready to be judged by 700 on the 16th. That's it. Green chili, red chili, bring your best as the only real criteria will be overall taste. I think the only other suggestion that I might have is directed at those with "atomic" versions. If it is hot, just let people know.

So If you plan to enter just post your Name on this thread, and a brief description of your chili. On the 16th you can come find me(TT with imperial cogs/starwars) and I will give you your placard. I should have a pretty nice prize for the winner, I think its nice, and if you like chili, you should think its pretty nice too.

Also, if you are intersted in being a judge, pm me and let me know.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Frogeye's Cactus Killer Chili

Bold, refined, blend of goodness. I have no clue what I will make until I make it so this should be interesting. It will have meat in it for sure. My Chili will make your forehead sweat and your booty shake. ROFL. No, I won't make it that hot.

This should be fun I hope we have more people make some of their yummy chili. Chili and beer! :cheers:

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ill have Two chilis, neither of which in the running, but just to have them there. Texas style chili, and High Dessert Chili (anything you have laying around plus beer. Am I a freak that I miss bakersfield sometimes?)

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sooo, 3 chili contestants eh..... come on folks. :bandit: vamanos

·
Premium Member
7,063 Posts
Can I be a judge??!!! :hungry:

M

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
I will judge the winner - yes? - :bigthumb:

-

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Sorry to be a party pooper, we had originally intended on participating in the cook-off but since it is the first night...I am afraid there is no way for us to get organized enough to do it.:mecry:

Doc

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Alguien dijo chile? (some one is looking for chili?)

If you want I can take with me some varieties, just let me know how hot you want it.

I also want to be a judge.
si puedes

tambien, que vives en de jefe nececito muchos cosas
puedo compensar.

·
Registered
599 Posts
OK, I'll bite (so to speak). I can't let Fatbob be the only New Mexican represented at the Chile (note spelling - the NM way!) cook off. It may not be what a traditionalist would consider chili, but we will bring 'Green Chile Chicken Stew.' It is warm-ish, and very, very tasty. See you there.

·
Premium Member
7,063 Posts
OK, I'll bite (so to speak). I can't let Fatbob be the only New Mexican represented at the Chile (note spelling - the NM way!) cook off. It may not be what a traditionalist would consider chili, but we will bring 'Green Chile Chicken Stew.' It is warm-ish, and very, very tasty. See you there.
Yes! I really want to be a judge now!

(A neighbor just returned from Santa Fe and brought back 4 bottles of 505 Sauce for me to make Green Chile PORK Stew! :hungry:)

M

·
Premium Member
7,063 Posts
Ya I want to be a judge. Come on people make a batch of some goodness will ya! :bigthumb:
You're supposed to be a COOKER!

M

1 - 20 of 172 Posts